On beta channel now (go to https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.pleco.chinesesystem to sign up), out officially probably Monday.
Full change list:
Full change list:
- Made our free demo of stroke order diagrams much more generous - it now supports about 500 characters (everything in HSK1+2, traditional and simplified) and lets you see them from their actual entries - and built it into our app (no download needed).
- Added an option in Settings / External Access to send Screen Reader text directly to Pleco's Clip Reader interface (and add them to your clipboard history) instead of viewing it in floating boxes.
- Added four Quick Settings Tiles on Android 7; two to toggle the screen reader floating button and clipboard monitor on or off, one to instantly launch Screen Reader and one to instantly launch Screen OCR.
- Improved Android 7 multitasking support; now we also monitor the clipboard while you're in that state and instantly update the search / clip reader screens with your copied text (as we were already doing on compatible Samsung/LG devices in earlier releases).
- Improved compatibility with the little-used full system backup feature Google introduced in Android 6; if you have that enabled it should now back up your settings and flashcards and user dictionaries pretty reliably, assuming they're not so large (> 25 MB combined, a level very rarely attained in our experience) that it rejects them for using too much space.
- Improved compatibility with various badly behaved file storage providers ([cough]SkyDrive[cough]) so that you should no longer experience crashes when attempting to open files from them.
- Added an alert on Xiaomi devices preemptively explaining their cryptic "Turn on documents in settings > installed apps first" message before trying to open or save a file.
- Made "Use TTS if no recording" apply to flashcard tests as well.
- Made OCR motion detection a little bit more reliable; much much (much!) bigger improvement to this coming soon.
- Adjusted the Google Translate support in the missing word breakdown toolbar to deal with changes to Google Translate's floating interface (basically you now have to copy the translation to the clipboard before we can read + do something with it).
- Fixed a bug that could cause the back button in Screen Reader / Screen OCR to also trigger a back command in the underlying app.
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible to select some radicals in radical input.
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible to tap on the menu button in OCR.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the keyboard to fail to reappear when tapping on the "Pleco Dict" launcher shortcut on some devices.
- Fixed a crashing bug when disabling Pleco's access to screen capture for Screen OCR through a Quick Settings Tile or some other non-Pleco interface.
- Fixed a bug that kept the unknown search breakdown toolbar from showing up on some non-Google devices that lacked text-to-speech or Google Translate support.
- Fixed a bug that made Pleco erroneously report that the computer-downloaded version of its data files was corrupt + download them again on some devices.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes made Pleco fail to ask permission to access the camera before taking a photo for Still OCR, causing a crash.
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause the previous / next entry arrows in the popup reader to be dimmed out.
- Fixed a bug that made hex color codes in our color picker invisible.
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible to select "Never" for the "use reader if length >" option.
- Fixed a bug that made "(add new)" in the flashcard category popup list in Screen Reader crash.
- Fixed a bug that prevented 'characters' from showing up as an option in fill-in-the-blanks tests on some devices with our paid flashcard add-on + free handwriting add-on.
- Fixed a bug that could make it impossible to hear Cantonese text-to-speech when you had the male Cantonese recordings installed and only those.
- Fixed a couple of other obscure crashing bugs.