Pleco for Android on Windows PC with Bluestacks emulator

SongSci

秀才
[I thought it would be useful to create a thread on the topic in the heading in case there are others who wish to venture there.]

Mandarin Companion's graded readers will work on the Bluestacks platform, but just not as well as on an iPad. First, the characters aren't displayed as sharply as on an iPad; second, to proceed from page to page is more cumbersome. One needs to grab the right of the screen with one's mouse and then drag the cursor fully to the left.

Last edited:

SongSci

秀才
The other drawback, but a minor one, is that settings, such as the order of dictionary precedence that is set in Manage Dictionaries, are not kept between sessions. Otherwise, everything seems to work well that I've tried to do with Pleco for Android on a Windows PC.

I thought at first that copying back and forth between Pleco for Android and Windows 10 did not work, but with more familiarity with Bluestacks' way of doing copying, that has not proven to be the case. One can indeed copy back and forth between Windows 10 and Pleco for Android on the Bluestacks Android emulation platform. To oversimplify somewhat, in Windows one does copy and pasting by Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V, respectively. On Pleco for Android on Bluestacks, if the Windows 10 technique doesn't work, one uses a long press, followed by clicking on the desired action in the pop-up menu that the long press brings up.

Last edited: