PlecoDict 2 Current Stability with WM6

thph2006

进士
Hi folks,
I'm trying to get Chinese-English dictionary capability on my WM6 PDA-phone before I leave for China next Monday. I initially ruled out PlecoDict 2 based on beta feedback I heard but was encouraged by someone to try it for this limited purpose. All I need for now is the following:
- Chinese handwriting input for dictionary lookups
- Pinyin keyboard input for dictionary lookups
- English keyboard input for dictionary lookups
- Readable display of dictionary output

Can anyone who's tried PlecoDict 2 on WM6 comment on how stable it might be for this limited use?

My Test Platform is a Palm T5, But It Would be Difficult to See WM6 Being Too Much Different.

PlecoDict 2 (Beta1) is Exactly That At The Moment,
A Beta Test Release
It is Very Unstable & Crashes Frequently (After Most Operations).
It Would Not Be Suitable To Use As Your Primary PlecoDict Application.

The Duelist

thph2006

进士
Thanks! Not the answer I really wanted to hear, but I think it's the right answer so I'll go another route.

PlecoDict 2 isn't even out so I am not sure why you want to know about the stability... That being said, the beta works on my WM6 device (HTC TynTyn) but its slow and most of the features don't work yet because they are not implemented on the beta.

The release version of Plecodict works fine on WM6 except that you can't copy and paste.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yes, definitely stick with the release version for the time being, it'll likely be December before we have even a beta-test version that's solid enough to use as your everyday dictionary, and as long as you don't highlight text in the definition area the current version should be pretty solid for you on WM6.