PPC Pop-up doesn´t work.

PalmASB

Hello!

I just switched from my beloved Palm to a PPC, the XDA mini ( similar to: Mda/Vpa compact, Qtek S100). It runs a Windows Mobile 2003 SE and I really like it, cause it enhances the abilities of my Palm M125 a fair bit.

Before I purchased the PPC, I used the XDA mini of a friend of mine to check if plecodict will run properly, and it did. There was just one thing I realised then, that the Character pop-up (showing the selected character bigger in the middle of the screen) didn´t work.

I thought that this feature might be only enabled after I unlock Plecodict with the keyfile. Just now I have done that on my own PPC but the feature still doesn´t work. I fiddled around in the preferences to find a way to turn it on, but without success.

Any suggestions how to proceed?

Or has anyone of you one of the above mentioned types of PPC and the pop-up just works fine?

Ahh, I just found out, the pop-up will open if I press on the magnifying glas button after selecting the character. On my Palm device, this wasn´t necessary, I just had to tap the character. Is it possible to do it the same way on the PPC as well?

Thanks in advance;
Carsten

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Unfortunately, tap-to-zoom isn't possible in the current Pocket PC version of Pleco due to some limitations in the way we implemented text rendering; on Palm, the definition text is rendered using our own custom user interface "gadget", so we can implement non-standard features like tapping on characters to magnify them, but on Pocket PC we actually use Microsoft's web page control to render text and since that doesn't support tap-to-magnify there's no way we can add it.

However, for a number of reasons we're switching to a custom gadget on Pocket PC in the upcoming version 2.0 of Pleco, so in that version it will be possible to tap on characters to magnify them (and indeed already is possible in the beta-test version). So if you wait a few months you should be able to get this feature back again then.