Purchasing Basic bundle sends me to apple support page

inbtw33n

Hello, I tried this several times already but same thing occurs every time.
I intend to purchase the Basic bundle for iOS but every time I purchase it, it sends me to the app-store application to verify my CC information. That's all fine and good, except when I try to enter my CC's confirmation code, it just sends me to Safari to read about some user safety information. There's no way I can just go back to the app-store to type in the information because that page disappears after I go back to the app-store.

SO, what are some workarounds to this? It's quite frustrating. I thought I could just come to the pleco website to purchase it and then register it on my iphone, but there doesn't seem to be a purchase for iOS option, only purchase for Android option.

Is it possible to purchase for android and then transfer the code to iOS so I can register it like that?

I'm using a Canadian CC under South Korea's iTunes (I currently live in ROK). iPhone 4S, iOS6.

Thanks for any help

PS: I intend to purchase an iPad in the future, will one purchase suffice for two iOS devices?

inbtw33n

Yes I've purchased two apps with the same account, Flash My Brain & a Korean-English dictionary from the App store before. Also, Flash My Brain has the option to buy their web-based version and have it connect with my iOS device(s). Mind you I was in Canada when I purchased those, meaning I was under the Canadian App store. However, I have since switched to the Korean app store and it has no problems updating those two apps.

Also, I would like to add that I've tried changing my address (thereby changing the app store's country) to my address in Canada but to no avail, it simply does not work.

EDIT: Note that I have never had experience with an in-app purchase, but I imagine it is not so dissimilar. Confirm intent of purchase, confirm ID, confirm purchase method, voila! no?

EDIT 2: I've come to think that this is an error on Apple's iTunes team, so I'm currently contacting them as well, though their response time is set at a slow ≤48hrs, so please feel free to post any suggestions until they respond if you think you know why this is happening. (I know I have ADHD :lol: )

PS. To those who are wondering why I bothered to change to the Korean app store, it's because not all the local apps here are offered in the Canadian app store (whereas it IS offered in USA). One of the very few times I wish I were an American resident >.<

scykei

榜眼
Well, you haven't purchased an app since you've switched to the Korean Appstore, have you? I don't think upgrading counts. It doesn't use the same system for checking, even though they do require verification of some sort.

When I switched AppStores, it caused a lot of problems with my purchases, which I'm still experiencing until now. After trying to report this to Apple so many times I just gave up. It's nothing really major. It's just that most of the purchases I've made from before the change will not show the "Install" like it usually does when trying to download an app you've already purchased. It gets really confusing as I cannot differentiate apps which I've already purchased or not. I can still rate and comment on apps like these and it doesn't charge me a second time when I redownload them.

inbtw33n

Yes, I'm not sure if it's because I switched stores or not. But note that yesterday I tried switching back to the Canadian store and that didn't work either.

Anyways, I've cleared this up with the iTunes department and whatever they did worked. This time not even a CC check, just put in my iTunes pw (which is how I purchased my previous apps, to my memory).

For anyone with a similar problem in the future, all I had to do was go to http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/ and start a ticket and they'll have somebody contact you by email to resolve your problem.

我很開心能夠用魚app了 哈哈哈

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
inbtw33n said:
Yes, I'm not sure if it's because I switched stores or not. But note that yesterday I tried switching back to the Canadian store and that didn't work either.

Anyways, I've cleared this up with the iTunes department and whatever they did worked. This time not even a CC check, just put in my iTunes pw (which is how I purchased my previous apps, to my memory).

For anyone with a similar problem in the future, all I had to do was go to http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/ and start a ticket and they'll have somebody contact you by email to resolve your problem.

我很開心能夠用魚app了 哈哈哈

Sorry I didn't weigh in on this earlier - contacting Apple is indeed the correct thing to do in this situation, since there's not much we can do to help with it on our end. You can also email them at iTunesStoreSupport@apple.com if you want to save yourself wading through the form. (just make sure to do it from your iTunes account email address)