Reader is amazing but..

meng

秀才
Is there a quick way to get multiple files into the document reader area?

I have probably 75-80 selected articles in word format, but I would love to be able to transfer the lot of them into the document reader.

meng

秀才
Alright so I had my computer dial up the ISP? Of my iPad and was able to toss a zip file through the air from my laptop to iPad, pretty amazing, BUT..

I thought the files would already be tap-for-definition ready. Instead I need to open each file within Pleco doc reader, copy the file contents, back out of that and go into pasteboard, click the save button at bottom, and rename the file?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
meng said:
I thought the files would already be tap-for-definition ready. Instead I need to open each file within Pleco doc reader, copy the file contents, back out of that and go into pasteboard, click the save button at bottom, and rename the file?

That's because they're in Word - we don't have any way to support Word documents natively (doing that would be insanely complicated) so instead we just open them up with Apple's built-in Word document viewer, but we have no way to get the text out of that unless you copy it out yourself.

If you convert them to plaintext format on your computer, though, you can then open them up natively in Pleco.