Recent words stored?

Hopfrog

秀才
I cannot begin to describe how having Pleco on my iPad, sitting on my lap, while watching Chinese TV has helped me to learn the language. I plan to start a blog soon about learning Mandarin and it will probably turn into a Pleco worship site. I have a question though.

One thing that frustrates me is I often have to re-enter a lot of words that I have just recently pulled up, be it on their own or as part of a vocabulary word. My question is, is there a shortcut to pull up your most recent entries somehow? I have searched the forums and cannot find an answer.

Much in the way the double finger tap clears an entry, is there a similar shortcut to pull up a recent one? Are entries stored in memory at all and accessible at all? My guess is no, but Pleco has surprised me before so I thought I would ask. If not, file it under future suggestions. Maybe a three finger tap hold in the HWR screen brings up a pop-up menu of the last half dozen entries.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hopfrog said:
I cannot begin to describe how having Pleco on my iPad, sitting on my lap, while watching Chinese TV has helped me to learn the language. I plan to start a blog soon about learning Mandarin and it will probably turn into a Pleco worship site. I have a question though.

One thing that frustrates me is I often have to re-enter a lot of words that I have just recently pulled up, be it on their own or as part of a vocabulary word. My question is, is there a shortcut to pull up your most recent entries somehow? I have searched the forums and cannot find an answer.

Much in the way the double finger tap clears an entry, is there a similar shortcut to pull up a recent one? Are entries stored in memory at all and accessible at all? My guess is no, but Pleco has surprised me before so I thought I would ask. If not, file it under future suggestions. Maybe a three finger tap hold in the HWR screen brings up a pop-up menu of the last half dozen entries.

Tap on the clock icon next to the search box at the top of the screen to bring up a list of recently-viewed entries.

Hopfrog

秀才
oh geesh, how embarrassing :oops:

of course Pleco does it!

It's been a couple of years since I've read the manual cover to cover and I hadn't used this feature in quite a while.... sooo.... I forgot about it, but doh! Yes, I remember this now. Can't believe how hard I have been making life these past few weeks with rewriting entries, well at least my chinese handwriting is improving.

Time to reread the manual, but thanks as always Mike for timely making sure your customers have the info they need even if it is spelled out for them in the flipping manual :roll:

Pleco is a world class product on its own, the support you give to your customers is truly some rich gravy smothered on top. Thanks again!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hopfrog said:
It's been a couple of years since I've read the manual cover to cover and I hadn't used this feature in quite a while.... sooo.... I forgot about it, but doh! Yes, I remember this now. Can't believe how hard I have been making life these past few weeks with rewriting entries, well at least my chinese handwriting is improving.

Time to reread the manual, but thanks as always Mike for timely making sure your customers have the info they need even if it is spelled out for them in the flipping manual :roll:

No problem! Sorry for the confusion - it's actually pretty understandable since the history button moves around a bit more than it should in our current UI design; quite a few people have trouble finding it.