Registration seems not to be recognized (anymore)

3x13

秀才
Hey Mike,

I'm not sure where to post this, just move it if it's not the right place here. :)

I switched my WM license to Android in May, right when Beta 1 was released.

Everything worked fine, but then I changed the ROM of my phone and did not think about Pleco for some time.

Now I installed it again and it just stays in demo-mode. I.E. HWR or the audio module.

So far I:
- Uninstalled Pleco, removed the old folder from my sc card.
- Downloaded the big add-on pack from the Beta 3 thread and copied it to my sd card.
- Installed Pleco again (fresh download).
- Entered my ID.
- Went to Settings -> General -> Reset All.

Didn't help.

Any ideas on that?

Mitch

(I'm using a HTC Desire with Gingervillain / Android 2.3.5)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
3x13 said:
Everything worked fine, but then I changed the ROM of my phone and did not think about Pleco for some time.

Now I installed it again and it just stays in demo-mode. I.E. HWR or the audio module.

So far I:
- Uninstalled Pleco, removed the old folder from my sc card.
- Downloaded the big add-on pack from the Beta 3 thread and copied it to my sd card.
- Installed Pleco again (fresh download).
- Entered my ID.
- Went to Settings -> General -> Reset All.

Didn't help.

Any ideas on that?)

Exactly what happened after you entered your ID? That's the key thing - it's normal that the ROM upgrade or the uninstall / reinstall would delete your registration info, but entering the ID should have brought it back. Did an error message of some kind come up? Are you sure it was the same ID you used before?

3x13

秀才
When I enter my ID, the screen goes black for a second (no messages or anything), then returns to the previous page (i.e. HWR).

Everything is still in demo-mode. Killing the app and restarting it doesn't change anything.

I am pretty sure I am using the same ID as I used before. I use the one which I see after logging into the "My Orders"-Page. That's the same like the one I got by email after switching licenses. I don't remember if there was any other ID within the switching process.

I just tried it again, twice, using different keyboard apps (Android default / Swiftkey), well, didn't change anything.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
3x13 said:
When I enter my ID, the screen goes black for a second (no messages or anything), then returns to the previous page (i.e. HWR).

Everything is still in demo-mode. Killing the app and restarting it doesn't change anything.

I am pretty sure I am using the same ID as I used before. I use the one which I see after logging into the "My Orders"-Page. That's the same like the one I got by email after switching licenses. I don't remember if there was any other ID within the switching process.

I just tried it again, twice, using different keyboard apps (Android default / Swiftkey), well, didn't change anything.

Could you send me your crash log? You can get that with the free Android Market app aLogcat or CatLog - that behavior sounds like some kind of crash while your software is submitting its registration info.