Samsung Keypad and Phonepad

zig2101

秀才
Hi, I've noticed on my Samsung Omnia that when I try to input text into Pleco, it doesn't give me the option of using the Samsung Keypad or Phonepad. I can switch to most other input modes like the normal windows mobile keyboard or even the Samsung qwerty keyboard to input text. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if there's a way to fix it? Or do you think it's a problem with Samsung's software?

thanks

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Probably has something to do with our use of proprietary text input controls - we use our own custom-designed user interface gadgets for text input / entry display / lists / etc, so non-Microsoft-supplied text input systems like the Omnia's keypad can't always detect / interact with them. Omnias are getting popular enough that we probably ought to get one here at Pleco for testing, though, so once we do that we can hopefully figure out a way to hack around this problem.

I just went to using Plumsip, which seems to be one of the favored input systems for WM. Only problem with it is the lack of a decent manual in English.