screensize trouble Dopod S1

hello everybody,

I have just purchased a Dopod S1 and installed pleco 2.0. I just moved it recently, so i dont know any other issues, but the screensize of the device seems too narrow to fit the pleco software. The software kind of runs off the edge.

Please advise

Brandon

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That's weird - we've got tons of other people using Pleco on that model (though it's sold under a bunch of different names) and I don't think anyone's reported this so far. Could you be a little more specific about how the software "runs off the edge"? Which parts of the interface are cut off? Have you installed any other third-party software besides Pleco?

Ok, by runs off the page, I mean the right side doesn't fit on the screen. it is like the screen is too narrow to fit the whole program on the screen, so the right most apprx. 1/6th of the screen appears to be lost. This only seems to occur in the flashcard manager module, but not on the flashcard test screen, nor the main dictionary screen, although I have not tested the whole program. I have no other third party software.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm... I just installed 2.0.1 on a Dopod S1 here (actually an HTC Touch, but it's the same hardware, Dopod's just an alternate HTC brand) and it seems to size that screen normally... so are the buttons cut off too (Search, eraser, Batch, count of the number of cards at the bottom right corner) or is it just the card list?

If you mean the main dictionary screen, then there is no problem with the screen size in this feature. But i notice there is also a problem in the input part screen (i.e. handwriting recognition, type the software based keyboard, etc.)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Well that's odd, that screen isn't even automatically resized at all yet. (unless you've installed the beta of 2.0.2) Is there any way you can send me a photo / screenshot of the screwed-up screens? I'm still having a little trouble picturing what we're dealing with here.

ok, after much procrastonation, i have prepared a photo.

m6HwpHzMFhOHKnggy8wIHA

if that doesnt work, here is a direct link:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/m6 ... directlink

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm... it almost looks like the Dopod is scaling / magnifying the user interface layout; adding an extra 25% or so to all of the pixel coordinates. Very odd... is this using the stock firmware or some sort of tweaked / customized one? Windows Mobile 5 or 6? Any unusual third-party software / input methods / etc? Any chance this might be a fake / knockoff Dopod S1 instead of the real thing?

This is china, so it is always possible it is a fake. as for those other inquires you made, i will answer them later, because they require thought, which i cant devote the time to now, but i will do it in about two days.

brandon