Search history more handy or easier access to recently searched words.

dlezcano

秀才
Hi, I love Pleco and I think it is very optimized and user friendly, but I found something I think could work better (at least for me).

Sometimes I search a word, and after that I search another one which has some kind of relation with the previous one(s). In that case, for comparison I want to go back to the previous one(s) but I have only two options:
a) Writing the word again
b) Going to the tool bar, choosing history and then the word I want to look up again.

Sometimes I have to go forth and back again two or three times, which makes the process very slow. Maybe some kind of gesture or arrows could make it much faster.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Would an optional extra search toolbar button to pop up a list of recent searches help? (we have one of those on Android but got so little feedback on it that we weren't sure if it was worth also bringing to iOS)

dlezcano

秀才
I think the button indeed would help making things faster. In my case I feel a gesture like swiping the finger from left to right like in safari would be the best option, but I do not know if it is doable. Anyway any improvement would be great for me.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
We just added an off-by-default option for it in the new 3.2.21 update - Settings / Search Interface. (I'd completely forgotten that we already had implemented this on iPad, so it took all of 5 minutes to add an option to show it on iPhones too)

Nick Rose

On the iPad I like to use the search interface without the embed definition on, particularly now with the the new developing outlier dictionary, however, the search history button only appears if the embed definition is on (unless I'm missing something)