Separate Purchases Required for Pleco on iPad and iPhone?

truazn532

Hello everyone,

Been seeing some great stuff about pleco, and seeing as how I'm about to move to Hong Kong for employment, definitely very much considering grabbing an Ipad2 Iphone 4 just to use Pleco!

Two questions though:

1) I plan to buy the professional bundle for iPhone 4 -- but give that I also plan to complement my Chinese studies with an iPad, do I need a separate purchase of Pleco to get it working on the iPad? The reason I ask is because on the iTunes store, the iPad / iPhone app are listed separately.

2) Does the OCR and related camera functions work with traditional characters?

Thank you!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Re: Separate Purchases Required for Pleco on iPad and iPhone

truazn532 said:
1) I plan to buy the professional bundle for iPhone 4 -- but give that I also plan to complement my Chinese studies with an iPad, do I need a separate purchase of Pleco to get it working on the iPad? The reason I ask is because on the iTunes store, the iPad / iPhone app are listed separately.

No separate purchase needed if you buy it on your iPhone 4 - you'd just download the free version onto your iPad, then go into the "Add-ons" tab and tap "Restore Purchases" to activate your purchase on it.

truazn532 said:
2) Does the OCR and related camera functions work with traditional characters?

Yes, but only the most common 5,401 of them.

truazn532

Re: Separate Purchases Required for Pleco on iPad and iPhone

Thank you Mike, that sounds great. I'm a heritage speaker of Chinese, and for the longest time I was at the cusp of "fluency". But trying to tackle a Chinese text that had numerous characters I did not recognize proved too laborious as the Chinese dictionary technique is way too cumbersome...

Have a strong feeling that with this, I'll be a lot less hesitant to tackle some tough readings. Thanks for the great product!