Skip search results?

ausgang

进士
Hi there,

does somebody know if its possible to Skip the Search Results? The following would be a great speed-up: After entering for example wei4 (为) via the HWR pleco should jump directly to the first dictionary entry of the search. instead of showing me a list with 为,为了,为什么 I want to see the entry for 为. Is this possible? This is working when I enable "Show definition" in "Overall Settings", but this stil produces the resultslist and also occupies too much of the screen ...

Most of the time I am entering the whole word, the page with the search results slows the process of looking up words down.

thanks in advance,
Juergen

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You can't get rid of the results altogether, but if you turn the device into landscape (sideways) orientation, you'll see the entry next to the search results at least - no need to go into a separate screen. To get this in portrait (upright) orientation too, go into Settings / Dictionary / Overall Interface and turn on "Show definition" under "Portrait Screen Layout."

ausgang

进士
Thanks for the answer, but Landscape View changes nothing on the fact that the Results List occupies too much of the screen. The transition from WinMobile to iPhone is more tricky than I thought ... or maybe it's me who is too inflexible :? Thanks anyway ...

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
ausgang said:
Thanks for the answer, but Landscape View changes nothing on the fact that the Results List occupies too much of the screen.

Really? It shouldn't take up significantly more space than it did on WM - did you normally use our WM software with the list hidden altogether?

ausgang

进士
It's probably got to do with the fact that my winmobile device had a larger screen than the iPhone. I can't remember the settings of my old phone ... but I am on my way to get used to the new Device