Skritter Integration Enhancements

lechuan

秀才
I'm loving the integration between Skritter and Pleco.

I was just wondering if Pleco could be updated so that the "Dict Search Order" setting was used every time the user presses the Pleco button in the Skriter app. Currently, it seems to stay in the dictionary that was last used.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
lechuan said:
I'm loving the integration between Skritter and Pleco.

I was just wondering if Pleco could be updated so that the "Dict Search Order" setting was used every time the user presses the Pleco button in the Skriter app. Currently, it seems to stay in the dictionary that was last used.

So it's ignoring your "From First" setting? That's odd, have to investigate - thanks.

radioman

状元
Im also seeing this issue.

UPDATE: I am also seeing a situation where the character is fed from Skritter but there is no lookup of that character. The result is that Pleco just presents the first character in the dictionary, even though I can see the character that was supposed to be looked up in the entry area. My configuration is such that the first 2 dictionaries are custom dictionaries. I am not clear if that is related to the issue or not.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
radioman said:
UPDATE: I am also seeing a situation where the character is fed from Skritter but there is no lookup of that character. The result is that Pleco just presents the first character in the dictionary, even though I can see the character that was supposed to be looked up in the entry area. My configuration is such that the first 2 dictionaries are custom dictionaries. I am not clear if that is related to the issue or not.

That could very well be - anyway it's a moot point with the new merged multi-dictionary search engine anyway so not one I'm inclined to worry too much about. (definitely need to include some Skritter users in the beta test pool :) )

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
lechuan said:
I'm definitely interested if you're looking. I use Skritter and Pleco for a couple hours each day.

It's going to be a pretty short beta, FWIW - most of the complicated new stuff is cross-platform search engine code that we can also test on Android, and since there's no limit on Android beta-test devices and no need to fiddle around with collecting / registering people's UDIDs, provisioning profiles, etc, it's much easier / faster to do a lot of our testing on that. But we'll put out a call for testers when we're at a point where we want them on iOS (probably a few weeks after the Android beta).

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
lechuan said:
Cool. Though I can't imagine there are many Skritter app users on Android :wink:

Quite right, but thankfully the Skritter integration code isn't very complicated :)