"Study new cards first" isn't working

brox23

Hi there, love the app. One question, the "Study new cards first" option in the flashcard test settings does not seem to work, I can't get new cards to appear first in the test. It makes no difference whether I have it on or off, and I've tried it with the "Sort cards randomly" option both on and off. I have a google pixel android phone. Does anyone have any ideas?
Cheers

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Are you using spaced repetition testing? It only works in that. (also the "randomly" option should be off) And are you sure you actually have cards that Pleco considers to be new (never tested before in this profile / scorefile)?

brox23

Hi Mike!

- Yes so under card selection->card selection system it is "Repetition-spaced"
- I have made sure the "Sort cards randomly" option is off (Though if it's on then yea you just get the cards randomly, which may or may not be a new card)
- Yes there are definitely new cards in the categories I have selected for this test. When they do pop up it has "New" at the top right, instead of 2d15hr etc.

What do you reckon?
Cheers

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Might be an obscure bug of some sort - can add it to our list of bugs to investigate but it might be a while before we have a fix. In the meantime my best suggestion would be that you add a 'card filter' to *only* review new cards, get those done with first and then go back and test on the rest.

brox23

Ah I've never noticed the card filters before. Great I can just set Card filters->Record Filter to ON and to Include Card If: Times Reviewed = 0.

Thanks Mike!