Suggestions for Flashcard Defaults

Alexis

状元
I recently had a friend install Pleco and purchase the flashcard add-on. They downloaded the HSK lists.

The default was, if i remember correctly, "multiple choice", without SRS. He showed it to his wife who said "well that's not very useful because you can just guess the answer from the choices if you recognize one of the characters".

I'd like to suggest that "self-scored" with "SRS" be the default flashcard setting (or even better, some kind of optional flashcard Wizard for setting up a new deck).

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Alexis said:
I recently had a friend install Pleco and purchase the flashcard add-on. They downloaded the HSK lists.

The default was, if i remember correctly, "multiple choice", without SRS. He showed it to his wife who said "well that's not very useful because you can just guess the answer from the choices if you recognize one of the characters".

That's certainly not the default - "self-scored" is the default for all flashcard profiles. So they must have changed test types without realizing it.

Alexis

状元
mikelove said:
That's certainly not the default - "self-scored" is the default for all flashcard profiles. So they must have changed test types without realizing it.

Indeed. I created a blank profile and it was self-scored. I guess it makes sense not to have srs as the defaullt since it could be potentially confusing to those who don't know what srs is.