System ID via memory card?

Mike,

I am the kind of person that likes to flash my rom often (whenever something new is released). The current method of upgrading requires me to get a new keyfile each time I flash my rom. You had mentioned a while ago that you were going to change it to work based on the memory card.

Did that ever happen? Also, I currently use a HTC Diamond and the memory card is built in... will it cause problems?

ipsi

状元
It did happen. To get your Card ID, go to Dict/Ordering, and hit the 'Card ID' button :). I can't answer your question about the internal card though. I wouldn't think it would make a difference, but who knows?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
The internal card in a Touch Diamond wouldn't work, unfortunately - it only works with the ID codes from SD (and mini/microSD) cards.

Card IDs aren't actually working at all on the activation page yet, since it hasn't been updated since Beta 1 - the new version of our website appearing with the official 2.0 release does support them, though, so you can activate with an SD-based card ID then.

mikelove said:
The internal card in a Touch Diamond wouldn't work, unfortunately - it only works with the ID codes from SD (and mini/microSD) cards.

Card IDs aren't actually working at all on the activation page yet, since it hasn't been updated since Beta 1 - the new version of our website appearing with the official 2.0 release does support them, though, so you can activate with an SD-based card ID then.

That really sucks that the touch diamond internal card will not work. The beta gives me a card ID from my internal card... when you flash the rom will it change?

In the past, I only install pleco on roms that I really enjoy (and will keep for more than 3 days), but I was looking forward to installing on all roms.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you get it working on the Diamond internal card.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
It's giving you an ID? Interesting - perhaps HTC configured that internal drive to look to Windows like an SD card, it might help with getting the Diamond working correctly with music copy-protection systems and such. I'm not sure whether or not the serial number would stay the same, but there's certainly a chance it might - if HTC went to the trouble of putting an SD serial number on the drive it stands to reason they might design that number to stay the same after a system update.

mikelove said:
It's giving you an ID? Interesting - perhaps HTC configured that internal drive to look to Windows like an SD card, it might help with getting the Diamond working correctly with music copy-protection systems and such. I'm not sure whether or not the serial number would stay the same, but there's certainly a chance it might - if HTC went to the trouble of putting an SD serial number on the drive it stands to reason they might design that number to stay the same after a system update.

I will write down the ID for the card, install a different rom and check the ID. My fingers will be crossed that it will work.

courtlandre said:
mikelove said:

I will write down the ID for the card, install a different rom and check the ID. My fingers will be crossed that it will work.

So I just flashed a few roms and did a few hard resets each time installing pleco. Never once did my System ID or Card ID change. I have a HTC Touch Diamond on Sprint.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Great! I guess HTC has gotten past their earlier troubles with hardware IDs changing after ROM upgrades - there's no fundamental reason why they had to, it's just the way they'd set them up.