The first entry of a category is not selected in the right order in tests

Toom

秀才
I imported a few card decks but the first entry of the selected category doesn't show up in the right order in tests.

I imported the cards from a text. When I look at the first entry, the modified and created dates are similar to the second or third entries, everything look normal.

The problem occurs when I do a test and in "Card selection" limit the number of new cards by maximum unlearned and prioritize by oldest. When I select 1 maximum unlearned, it's the second card of the list that is shown. When I select 2 maximum, it's the second and third and so on. The first entry seems to only get selected last.

The problem occurs for the first entries of the categories. I mean if I import a file containing words subdivided in ten categories. The problem occurs for all the ten categories if I select one of those in my test.

The problem occurs in all my imported decks. I tried clearing all the scores and changing settings but nothing works. The only exception is the premade HSK deck imported from Pleco itself.

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Any chance that some of the cards in the category are being linked to existing cards rather than newly created?

Toom

秀才
No, they are all newly created when importing and I just checked they just belong to one category.

It's the same issue with sentence entries (thus not in any dictionary or other categories). The second entry is firstly shown.

Toom

秀才
I just test it more and if I use "prioritize by newest" it's the second last that is shown, not the last entry of the category.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm... it could be some glitch in the way the flashcard importer works; to be honest, we didn't really design any of this around this specific behavior, it's more of an emergent property of the fact that we happen to let you introduce cards in creation order, so it's not something we regularly test with.

I'll add it to the list of bugs to check for our next update, but unfortunately the best suggestion I can offer in the meantime is that you reorder your imported decks around the bug and put the first entry last :)