Transferred but OCR not activating

Hi Mike!

Very excited to finally use Pleco on my Android. I successfully transferred my license from iOS to Android. Then I added OCR to iOS with the intent to transfer it to Android (I felt this was cleaner and gave me more options as all my licenses are on iOS). I paid, restored iTunes again, then went online and saw:

The following components can be activated on Android:
Optical Character Recognizer

But when I go to add it to my existing Android registration I get:

Registration creation failure; contact Pleco support.

Not sure what's going wrong here. My original bundle transferred fine, it's just the OCR add-on that I just purchased that won't transfer. Any help? I also sent an email to Support which included my registration number. Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
On the license transfer page, you need to select your existing Android Registration ID (the one you transferred your other items to) rather than "create new."

Sorry about that - it's a bug, the "create new" option shouldn't even be offered in these cases.

garysaville

进士
I have a similar issue.
I initially transferred my licence from my Palm registration, then I realized I didn't have the OCR in the Palm. I registered my iOS account on the Pleco site and transferred the licence to the same Android account. The OCR is still not transferring properly.

G

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
ConfuciusTse said:
I did that but am getting an error page asking me to contact support.

See my email, should be fixed now - turns out there was a bug in the script. (this is why we wanted to launch it in advance of the official release :) ) Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

garysaville said:
I initially transferred my licence from my Palm registration, then I realized I didn't have the OCR in the Palm. I registered my iOS account on the Pleco site and transferred the licence to the same Android account. The OCR is still not transferring properly.

This one may be more of a mystery since it looks like OCR is activated correctly in your Android copy - see my email.

garysaville

进士
Sorted.
I initially transferred a license from my old Palm device. When I realized I had transferred the wrong license, I added the iOS registration and transferred it. Pleco's automated license transfer notified me that I was transferring duplicates, but I continued anyway. The transfer wasn't picked up when I refreshed my Android phone. After clearing the registration and re-entering it, the OCR transferred over without issue.

Thanks.
G

Spufi

I just transferred my license from iOS to Android. I have the professional bundle which says the OCR is included as part of the bundle. I do not see the OCR and when I go to My Orders the OCR is not listed as an add-on. On my old IPod Touch I did not have a camera so the OCR was not usable for me.

Do I need to purchase the OCR add-on seperatleuy?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Spufi said:
I just transferred my license from iOS to Android. I have the professional bundle which says the OCR is included as part of the bundle. I do not see the OCR and when I go to My Orders the OCR is not listed as an add-on. On my old IPod Touch I did not have a camera so the OCR was not usable for me.

Do I need to purchase the OCR add-on seperatleuy?

It's part of the Professional bundle on Android but not on iOS, so yes, you would have to purchase it separately on Android. (sorry for the confusion)