Tux icon for PD

sfrrr

状元
Actually, it's barely Pleco related. Carlos (Wonsanim) also practices Chinese and he knows I'm not an overwhelming fan of your logo. And, since he's on a Tux kick, he made this as a surprise for me. He says the tie is that penguins eat fish.

Do you still keep fish, specifically Plecos?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
There's a wide range of opinions on the logo, actually - some people love it and want to get it on T-shirts, others like you wonder why I'd pick such an strange fish. There are some prettier Pleco varieties (the logo was modeled on a fairly run-of-the-mill one) - bigger / frillier fins, etc - which might make for interesting replacements, though since the logo's about the only design element we've kept since 2001 I'm not particularly eager to change it :) (and "Pleco" itself is a 5-letter pronounceable .com, the sort of thing that people pick much stranger company names just to have, so no way that's changing)

And no, sadly I don't have any fish at the moment - tricky thing in a rather-cozy New York apartment - though if and when Pleco gets an good-sized office with a reception area there will almost certainly be a tank of them there :)

sfrrr

状元
Actually, I would never suggest you change the name. Or even the logo. Pleco is well-known, and there's no other site, program, or logo like it.

That doesn't mean that I'm not going to substitute something else for your logo/icon. (Not only do I have a problem with the plain-Jane appearance of this Pleco, but I don't like blue on my PDA. Ya know? Life is really difficult.

How big do Plecos get? (If you don't feel like answering me, I'll just look it up on the Web, the way I did when I first learned about PD.)

Dan_78cj5

举人
Though the Blue Pleco logo was much better than this bland generic black and white thing that looks like an 80s throw-back.

Bring Blue Back! :D