Unable to Copy Definitions From Pleco

Ever since upgrading to Windows Mobile 6 I've been unable to copy definitions from PlecoDict and paste into text/word programs. Using the "copy" command on the task bar crashes the program and holding tbe stylus over the highlighted definition does nothing. I have an unlocked Cingular 8525 PocketPC. Are others having this problem? Is there a solution? :cry:

ipsi

状元
I believe this is a known bug with WinMob 6, but I could be wrong about that. My best suggestion would be to download the beta of Pleco 2.0 (after backing up your 1.3 stuff) and seeing if that works. I'm not a WinMob user myself, so I'm not sure if this will fix things. But I am fairly sure 2.0 is supposed to fix a number of problems with Windows Mobile and this may be one of them.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yes, it's a known bug with WM6 and will be fixed in 2.0. (and is already fixed in the beta) Unfortunately we can't fix it with a simpler patch since it required us to completely rewrite our text display system.

I have beta3 of Pleco2 up and running now on my Cingular 8525 PocketPC with WM6, but the copy function still does not work. At least trying to copy ttext now no longer crashes the program. May there is some function i the preferences tat I have overlooked?

mikelove said:
Yes, it's a known bug with WM6 and will be fixed in 2.0. (and is already fixed in the beta) Unfortunately we can't fix it with a simpler patch since it required us to completely rewrite our text display system.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
No, we just haven't gotten our custom clipboard system working with the rest of Windows Mobile yet - it's little rarely-thought-of things like this that are why it takes us so very long to put a new release together :)