Upgrade : 1.0 Profesional --> 2.0 Linguist

goulniky

榜眼
Hi, just downloaded 2.0, dying to install and unlock it. I'm a little puzzled with the upgrade pricing.

I have the 1.03 equivalent of the Professional bundle (ABC+NWP) but I want to move to the Linguist bundle along with 2.0, where the only common dictionary is ABC.

I guess that means I have to pay the $59.95 each for 21st Century and Guifan, but I get to keep NWP that I already paid for (though I assume it gets reinstalled in the new format). Correct?

goulniky said:
Hi, just downloaded 2.0, dying to install and unlock it. I'm a little puzzled with the upgrade pricing.

I have the 1.03 equivalent of the Professional bundle (ABC+NWP) but I want to move to the Linguist bundle along with 2.0, where the only common dictionary is ABC.

I guess that means I have to pay the $59.95 each for 21st Century and Guifan, but I get to keep NWP that I already paid for (though I assume it gets reinstalled in the new format). Correct?
Hi Goulniky

I Upgraded From PD1.03 (ABC + NWP)
To The New Linguist Bundle (Guifan + 21C)

I Think Your Upgrade Options From PD1 To PD2 Are As Follows:
For $99.95 You Can Upgrade To Guifan, 21C And PD2 With All The New Add-Ons (ie Audio/Stroke-Order)
All Of Your Existing Dictionary Licenses Are Intact, And Work With PD2.
(I Think Mike, (As Usual) Has Been Very Generous With His Upgrade Policies 8) )

Otherwise:
Guifan & 21C Are Available As A PD2 Add-on Bundle For $79.95,
Or Individually For $59.95 Each.

Hope This Helps
The Duelist

goulniky

榜眼
> For $99.95 You Can Upgrade To Guifan, 21C And PD2 With All The New Add-Ons (ie Audio/Stroke-Order)

would have been nice... but I didn't get that choice, only a list of individual dictionaries to choose from, so I orked out $119.90 for (Guifan + 21C).

however, the manual install went very smoothly, Pleco was up and running in within less than 15 minutes. great product, still haven't explored all new features.

KesterN

秀才
Was there not an option to get the 21st C and Guifan at a reduced 'bundle' price, rather than buying both separately? I remember when I upgraded, I almost missed that option.

ipsi

状元
Have a look at http://www.pleco.com/pricing.html, down the bottom. There's a line 21st Century + Guifan Dictionary Bundle - US $79.95. If that's not showing up when you try to order, I'd probably count that as a major bug in the Online Ordering System. Unfortunately, I can't confirm/deny that it's present in the store, as I've already upgraded, but using the slightly different Beta Orders page.

EDIT: I think it should be showing up when you log into the "My Orders" page. If it's not, that's kinda serious.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
There is that option, but it's a bit farther down on the page from the individual dictionaries - sorry for the confusion. I'll credit your card for the difference in price, should show up on your statement in a few days.

goulniky

榜眼
Thanks Mike, that's called service, as usual - and in case I haven't already said it, this new version is an absolute must, very smooth installation, large and crisp font, clear inteface.
Lots of unexplored features yet but other than those great new dictionaries, I particularly like the char info and popup definition. Made these comments on Chinesepod too.

jinji

For $99.95 You Can Upgrade To Guifan, 21C And PD2 With All The New Add-Ons (ie Audio/Stroke-Order)

I can't find a link for this option. The E-mail notice I received also mentioned this bundle for $99.95 but all I found was an upgrade to 21st Century + Guifan Dictionary Bundle for $79.95.
No sound files or stroke order.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
goulniky - thanks! Yeah, there's a lot of new stuff to discover... and thanks for the ChinesePod plug, always happy to reach out to those users even if CP won't reach out to us.

jinji - have you activated your copy of 2.0 yet? You need to do that before you can purchase any upgrades; do that on the My Orders page, reload, and the link for that bundle should then appear.

If you've already activated 2.0, are you sure you don't have stroke order and audio already? You might have gotten them as a free upgrade depending on when you bought 1.0.