Uploading a .PQB file

Hi guys

I had to wipe my iPhone recently so backed up my Pleco database beforehand, the database I'd been keeping of Chinese flashcards. It saved itself as a .pqb backup on my PC. I've followed the steps to upload a file from my computer, managing to get it back onto my iPhone (it reads faded in the Documents folder). The problem is that when I try to import the file into my Pleco database, under the 'Choose File' option, it won't recognize the .pqb backup. When I try to change the default 'flash.txt' option in 'Choose File', it sends me to the Documents folder but shows it as empty!

Is there any way of converting a .pqb into a .txt file so I can upload it, or will this change my database? Or have I not got the settings right? Any help would be much appreciated, it's quite an extensive deck and I'd be pretty upset if it's lost!

Thanks so much

Nick

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
ncodrington1 said:
I had to wipe my iPhone recently so backed up my Pleco database beforehand, the database I'd been keeping of Chinese flashcards. It saved itself as a .pqb backup on my PC. I've followed the steps to upload a file from my computer, managing to get it back onto my iPhone (it reads faded in the Documents folder). The problem is that when I try to import the file into my Pleco database, under the 'Choose File' option, it won't recognize the .pqb backup. When I try to change the default 'flash.txt' option in 'Choose File', it sends me to the Documents folder but shows it as empty!

Is there any way of converting a .pqb into a .txt file so I can upload it, or will this change my database? Or have I not got the settings right? Any help would be much appreciated, it's quite an extensive deck and I'd be pretty upset if it's lost!

You'd actually want to use the "Restore Database" command at the bottom of the Flashcards tab for this, rather than Import - it's an entire database and not just a list of cards.