Using "makeplecodict"

A

Anonymous

Hello everybody,

I have a text file, with Tabs at the right position (created from an Excel file with 3 columns). Now when I run the application "makeplecodict":
- at the "Input File" prompt I enter the name of the text file (which is located in the same folder as the application),
- at the "Output File" prompt I enter the same name followed by .pdb,
- at the "Name" prompt I enter VOC,
- at the next prompt I select 1,

... then the windows of the application closes, and nothing happens...!
I made a search for the .pdb file, and it was not created, as the search found nothing (I ran the application again with the "sample" file given in the folder, and the same problem happened).

Any advice on how the make this "makeplecodict" application work would be appreciated !

Thank you,
Pierre

AJ

秀才
Using makeplecodict

Pierre:

In my experience I have had to put my input file in my root directory (for me C:/ ). The output file will be placed in the same location as the makeplecodict application (which for me is imbedded a couple of layers deep in My Documents).

Certainly makeplecodict is a little quirky at times, but I have been able to run it this way successfully on numerous occasions both with the sample file and my own txt files.

A

Anonymous

Thank you for your reply.

In fact putting the executable in the C:/ directory didn't improve things, however I eventually found my mistake:

I had forgotten to put a ".txt" after the name of the input file ! That was why the makeplecodict.exe was crashing...

Now it works fine.

Thank you anyway...

Pierre