Using Pleco Full Handwriting in email

lili

Hi,

I was wondering if the Pleco full screen handwriting feature can be used outside the Pleco App such as the iPhone/iPod Touch Email App. If not, can you recommend something that will work? I hope to find something that will work better than Apple's built-in handwriting recognition for writing email in Chinese.

Thanks,

Lili

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
lili said:
I was wondering if the Pleco full screen handwriting feature can be used outside the Pleco App such as the iPhone/iPod Touch Email App. If not, can you recommend something that will work? I hope to find something that will work better than Apple's built-in handwriting recognition for writing email in Chinese.

That's not possible at the moment, unfortunately - iOS has no official support for third-party input methods. We do have a very rudimentary document editing function built into our document reader which will let you compose short pieces of text with HWR that you can then copy-and-paste into other apps, but at the moment it's not really optimized enough in terms of making it easy to insert punctuation / complete words / etc to act as a substitute for a handwriting IME.