Which Dictionaries come with pd2?

Shadowdh

状元
Hi there... I am just about to purchase the upgrade that incl standard Chinese dictionary, 21 century E-C and the audio and stroke order files... but I am a bit confused regarding which dict comes with pd2... at the moment I get under the english part 21C, CT, NWP, OX and US... on the Chinese side of things I get ABC, GF, OX, and US... now does 21C indicate that I have the 21st Century E-C already and dont need to purchase it? And is the standard Chinese-Chinese dict different from the GF (which stands for Gui Fang if I am correct)...? So far I love the look and potential of PD2... and its working great on the TyTN II/Vario III/Tilt...

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Those dictionaries don't seem to be included in your current license, so I'm guessing this is just a glitch with the beta that's causing demo dictionaries to appear even when you have paid ones installed. Choose Ordering from the Help menu, are the 21st Century and Standard dictionaries (which are indeed 21C and GF, by the way) listed as demo or paid or not at all?

PD2 can come with all of those dictionaries, it depends on which bundle you get - we actually may be changing the bundles slightly between now and the finished release thanks to one more new license we're close to signing. (but don't worry, we're doing it in such a way that nobody who's already bought / upgraded to PD2 will be any worse off)

Shadowdh

状元
Ok I see now... yep in the help-ordering section it lists them as demo... thats cool will order now... unless you wish to give me a clue re the new bundling... :D if there will be no detriment though I would like to get it now so I can really test this new PD out... so far it looks the dogs...

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hopefully I'll be posting something on that new dictionary / bundling by the end of the week, we're just waiting to get the signed license agreement back.

Shadowdh

状元
Cheers Mike... have bought the bundle incl C-C dict, 21C dict and stroke order and audio... have not had much time to play with it but what I have seen so far is pretty darn good... will give it a real work out in the next couple of days and then post in the feedback thread... also will try out the crash fix you posted and get back to you... cheers