? word (not just character) recognition in flashcard mode

fij

Hi,

Is it possible to turn on word recognition in flashcard mode? In the handwriting mode words (phrases, groups of usually 2-3 characters) known by pleco are very nicely recognized. However, when I tap on a Chinese character on a flashcard, only a single character is highlighted and explained in the small popup window, not the word containing that character.

Thanks

PS. One of my Chinese colleagues wants to use pleco too, mostly because of the way pleco integrates handwriting with the dictionary.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Re: ? word (not just character) recognition in flashcard mod

fij said:
Is it possible to turn on word recognition in flashcard mode? In the handwriting mode words (phrases, groups of usually 2-3 characters) known by pleco are very nicely recognized. However, when I tap on a Chinese character on a flashcard, only a single character is highlighted and explained in the small popup window, not the word containing that character.

That should only be happening with characters in the headword, and it's happening because the definition is already in front of you and we assume you're interested in defining parts of the word instead. Tapping on the |-> button will expand the highlight to cover the whole word.

fij said:
PS. One of my Chinese colleagues wants to use pleco too, mostly because of the way pleco integrates handwriting with the dictionary.

Cool!

fij

Re: ? word (not just character) recognition in flashcard mod

mikelove said:
Tapping on the |-> button will expand the highlight to cover the whole word.
That's smart! Thanks.