zire 21

A

Anonymous

Hi, i'm sorry if there's already a thread, but the search functin doesnt work.

My question is, is there any software I can use with my zire 21. I would like to have some sort of dictionary on the palmone. Because the memory is rather small, i can't use the one avaiable on the site. I've never used a pda before or pleco so excuse me for the newbish question.

Thx

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Actually, if you clear out everything else you *should* be able to fit PlecoDict Basic into your Zire's memory. You'd want to do a manual install (see the instruction manual for details) and install only the Oxford E-C and C-E dictionary databases, the main PlecoDict application, the radical table, the traditional character set converter (CharConvert.pdb), and the two smallest font files (size 10 and 12). All of those together should take up around 5.2 MB, leaving you with enough extra space to install the handwriting recognizer if you do it manually (to do this, log on to "My Orders" after purchasing the software, then look for "alternate option" in the section on upgrading from the demo version).

But before you even try this you should check the Info screen on your Zire (tap on the clock at the top of the application launcher screen and choose "Info") and make sure that you have at least 6.6 MB or so of free space - if not, you'll need to delete some files before you can install PlecoDict.