2.0.2 (final) Bug Report Thread

cjgait

举人
Ok, this isn't a uniquely 2.0.2 bug, and is probably something on the PDA, not in your code, since I can't find a similar bug. My Plecodict stopped being able to copy and paste withing Pleco some time ago (maybe 2.0, maybe even before that). So this is not copy to clipboard between apps, but copy and then bring back into Pleco, which is sometimes a very handy thing to do.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Well that's odd... how are you invoking the copy / paste commands, using the tap-hold popup menu or some other method? Which specific screens have you been trying to copy / paste between?

cjgait

举人
Well, I'm just using the copy and paste buttons from the tool bar and pasting back to the same screen. This PDA, an HP iPaq has been pretty much a complete piece of crap on several battery issues, but it seems to be more or less okay now. However I don't have a lot of confidence in the quality of the hardware, which is why I suspect the PDA more than your program. I dug through all the configuration menus some time ago trying to see if there was something I set in Pleco that might have caused this, but couldn't find any candidates.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sorry, but which toolbar? Is this in the main dictionary screen or in some other screen?

It's unlikely a hardware issue would cause this particular of a problem with copy/paste, so more likely it's just a bug of some kind.

anchan42

探花
When the sort results by option set to word length. Some entries are displayed multiple times.

Attachments

• list.jpg
    list.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 3,500

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Looks like that has to do with the "1-char results" option being disabled - should be easy enough to fix, though. Thanks.

Just migrated to windows mobile on Touch Pro 2. Pleco 2.0.2 looks really nice on it! Thanks.

When I use the option to have the toolbar have more entries when in landscape mode, I can specify to have 16 icons on it, but I can only specify 14 of them, and only 14 show up on the toolbar. There is actually enough space for 16 icons on the screen.

Not very important, but just to let you know.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Looks like the bottom two boxes on that screen went missing - very odd. Should be easy enough to get them back, though - we'll just hide them on square-screen displays (which wouldn't have enough room for the extra popup menus).

cjgait

举人
mikelove said:
Sorry, but which toolbar? Is this in the main dictionary screen or in some other screen?

It's unlikely a hardware issue would cause this particular of a problem with copy/paste, so more likely it's just a bug of some kind.

It's on the main dictionary page.

cjgait

举人
cjgait said:
mikelove said:

And if I hold down on the word I can copy into clipboard, then paste using the button on the toolbar, but the copy button on the toolbar doesn't work.

cjgait

举人
cjgait said:
cjgait said:
mikelove said:

And if I hold down on the word I can copy into clipboard, then paste using the button on the toolbar, but the copy button on the toolbar doesn't work.

Just found a workaround. I added the 'Cut' button, and that works, but 'Copy' doesn't.

ipsi

状元
Here's a bizzare bug, probably something Treo-specific: When I load Skype into the foreground, then pull another application (e.g. Pleco launched using PlecoLaunch) into the foreground (thus putting it in front of Skype), the little box that you tap to bring up the soft keyboard doesn't go away. Happens with Pleco when the main area is set to full-screen, but if I launch, say, the reader, it doesn't affect the reader, and when I close the reader, the little box has gone. Very odd, but easily fixed by minimising Skype before opening Pleco. The box will also disappear if I turn the screen off and then on again... But it stays if I minimise Pleco (via the OK hard key) then bring it to the foreground again. Also affects PI8, so it's not just a Pleco issue. Doesn't affect Skyfire or PocketTunes, but they both start full-screen.

A related issue is that, while the left and right soft keys vanish when the popup definition appears, the text entry button doesn't but instead obscures some of the information present at the bottom of the box. This only affects the larger of the two pop-up boxes, the Instant Access one.

Another minor, but weird, bug (again, probably a Treo-specific issue if it doesn't appear on other phones): Hitting the hardware Start Menu key does nothing when Pleco is in full-screen mode. I have this issue with other full-screen applications as well, *except* PocketTunes... Anyway, just something I figured I might as well bring to your attention.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
cjgait - OK, I think I've got a handle on it now - Copy button isn't correctly tracking control focus for some reason. Should be easy to fix, anyway. Thanks!

ipsi - we've seen that happen with a few other programs, actually - this is part of why the fullscreen feature is still officially experimental / buried where no one is likely to find it by accident. For whatever reason, telling the bottom bar to hide itself doesn't seem to consistently affect that button. Start menu I'm not sure about, though, that seems to come up correctly on other phones so it may indeed be a Treo-specific bug.

Another small thing: when I go to Dict\Manage Dicts, and switch from Chinese to English, then I go back to the main screen, then back to Dict\Manage Dicts, the language is back to Chinese. I would expect it to remember my prior choice.

anchan42

探花
This will be a bit difficult for me to explain in english so bear with me. :)
When I scroll to the end of some words definition and want to jump to the next word, I hit the down key, I expected Pleco to show me the next head word follow on by the definition but sometimes it just jumps to the middle of the definition. It also seems to depend on which words is being displayed. For example ,with TL dict, if I scroll down to the end of 报到 and jump to 报道 it will be fine but if I want to go from 报道 to 报告 Pleco, instead of showing me the headword 报告 on the first line, it shows me pinyin for the first example sentence, “Xianzai….

johnh113

榜眼
anchan42 said:
This will be a bit difficult for me to explain in english so bear with me. :)
When I scroll to the end of some words definition and want to jump to the next word, I hit the down key, I expected Pleco to show me the next head word follow on by the definition but sometimes it just jumps to the middle of the definition. It also seems to depend on which words is being displayed. For example ,with TL dict, if I scroll down to the end of 报到 and jump to 报道 it will be fine but if I want to go from 报道 to 报告 Pleco, instead of showing me the headword 报告 on the first line, it shows me pinyin for the first example sentence, “Xianzai….

Dear Mike,

I've been seeing exactly the same behavior in the pop-up definition window. Any time I hit the down button or the up arrow, I would expect to be at the top of the definition, not in the middle of the definition. Similar problem when I hit the down arrow or the up arrow to go to the next word in the pop-up window. I would always expect to be at the top of the definition, not the middle.

John

mfcb

状元
hehe, just came by to report the same bug as anchan42 and johnh113, i think that i see this the first time in this release (2.0.2 final), cant remember that it happened before as well...

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yeah, seeing this here too - rather annoying bug, so it should be addressed by the 2.0.2a patch we're putting out in a day or two (which also fixes a bug with another Super Cool Unannounced Dictionary we plan to announce shortly afterwards).