2.0.2 (final) Bug Report Thread

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Unfortunately no - because of the way we encode our databases there's no simple way to extract the exact contents of them to text files. Though you could always download the text of CEDICT / Adso / etc from their respective websites and import it yourself - that'd be pretty close at least.

Practically speaking, though, importing 100,000+ dictionary entries into a flashcard database on a Palm is likely to run you into all sorts of memory / instability issues, so it's not something I'd recommend in any case - for that sort of super-high-volume flashcard processing you're probably going to want to wait for the desktop version.

sthubbar

榜眼
Great, thanks. If I'm feeling adventurous I'll let you know. BTW, I have removed the ACED dictionary and am checking the stability of the Palm. If it works OK for a week or so, I'll reinstall ACED and see if that impacts stability.

I'll let you know the results of the experiment. :)

sthubbar

榜眼
I am running the 2.0.3 final code, with the free dictionaries, C&T Biz and ACE dictionaries removed, as well as Chattermail turned off. Everything looks stable.

You are probably right that I am reaching a dictionary size limit. I notice that the Adso dictionary is 17+M. I'm still interested in trying to see if I could create a custom dictionary out of the 3 free dictionaries by removing entries already in a paid dictionary. I have downloaded the Adso dictionary, though the data is not in a easy format for me to manipulate. The CCEDict is in an easy format to play with.

Do you have an easy way to generate a straight text file, similar to the CCEDict format for each of the free dictionaries that you could forward me, or even if just for the Adso, that would be great?

Thanks.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Our version of Adso's in an equally difficult-to-manipulate format, unfortunately, so there's not really any good way to get you a simple text file of it. However, you can download / install MySQL on your computer for free, so if you've got the raw Adso SQL data you can load it into a MySQL database on your computer and extract it in whatever format you want.

sthubbar

榜眼
The Palm appears to have returned to a stable state.

Currently installed Dicts are:

C->E = Tuttle, ACED, ABC, User
E->C = NWP, Oxford E-C, 21cn

I'll wait some time and then maybe try CCEdict or Adso. It's hard to decide which.

pigalette

have we found a way to use instant access toolbar with WM6.5?
I just bought this software a few hours ago and was so excited to use it but is getting frustrated coz i cant seem to get the instant access to work, and its 1 of the coolest feature of this software.

Thanx in advance =)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
There's no way to activate Instant Access from the taskbar on WM6.5, at least not on an HTC phone (they really took some liberties with the Windows Mobile taskbar / main screen interface), but it can be activated using our handy "PlecoLaunch" utility. Install that (if it wasn't already installed along with Pleco), then assign it to one of your device's hardware application buttons and you can press that button to invoke Instant Access. (should be one of the "Personal" panels in your device's Settings screen)

There are also lots of other Windows Mobile app launcher utilities around which can be invoked in various ways, so if you don't like using a hardware button you can download one of those and activate PlecoLaunch using that.