3.0 New Dictionary Bug Report / Feedback Thread

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
dymtang / gato - yes, changing that would help; you can also tap-hold on the speaker icon there to change the language from the popup menu. In 3.0.1 we're adding tagging so that you can hear the Cantonese and Mandarin versions of an example together.

ACardiganAndAFrown - is this in Tuttle or in some other dictionary too?

照片.PNG
here's one from PD

This is the only one I can remember at the moment, if I come across more I'll post them up

dcarpent

榜眼

Attachments

• Pleco_2013-12-06-230831_David-Carpenters-iPhone.crash
    46.6 KB · Views: 609
  • Pleco_2013-12-06-230857_David-Carpenters-iPhone.crash
    43.6 KB · Views: 634
  • Pleco_2013-12-06-230937_David-Carpenters-iPhone.crash
    44.3 KB · Views: 634
  • Pleco_2013-12-06-231338_David-Carpenters-iPhone.crash
    43.4 KB · Views: 664

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks. This is an odd one, though... are you running the latest versions of all of your dictionaries? (check the "Updates" tab in Add-ons) Which dictionaries have you installed? (Installed tab)

PD:
子病及母
i3 bing4 ji2 mu3

CMT:
气机失调症
i4 ji1 shi1 tiao2 zheng4

beginning pinyin's have been cut-short to just: i

pd needs it's z, cmt it's q

image.jpg
GZH: no pinyin, no tts, audio doesn't connect to it either (assumeably because of the lack of pinyin)

Edit:
image.jpg
Or seems like it's not connected to other entries

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
'kuag' isn't a valid Jyutping syllable, actually, it's from Guangdong Romanization (which is what this dictionary was originally in) and we weren't able to find a Jyutping equivalent. So we display it there because it's better than nothing, but as far as Pleco's search / audio features are concerned it's currently gibberish.

Not sure why @kuag is causing a crash, it's not doing so here - could you send along a crash log?