Beta 3 Feedback Thread

Shadowdh

状元
Hi Mike, sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I wanted to have a play first. I open the reader then select the text file I want to read and it comes up fine, if I then exit the reader and restart again (without doing anything else) it comes up blank. I can then select another text to read and it will show but if I exit and re-enter immediately it also comes up blank and if I exit select the first text and then re-enter reader the first text is also blank however I can then exit and select another (third) text and this one will show... if I close P2 and restart it works fine...

I have also noticed another quirk... when I am in P2 and I try to go into the character info section on the modules menu it does not bring up the stroke order info at all, unless I change the dictionary and then select the character... then it comes up and works as normal... I am sure this worked ok before... not sure what I have done there. I am using a Kaiser/TyTN II/Vario III though with both Touchflo and Cube so this may have something to do with it... I have put both P1 and P2 in the exclusions list on touchflo but it still doesnt like writing on the screen if there is a scroll bar present.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Definitely sounds like the files aren't being closed correctly, then. We've rewritten a lot of that code recently so I believe this is already fixed for Beta 4 but we'll do some tests to make sure.

Not sure about that stroke order issue, again it sounds like a more run-of-the-mill Dumb Programmer Bug rather than a conflict with Touchflo - perhaps launching it from the menu instead of by just tapping on a character keeps the stroke order system from reading the character it's supposed to draw correctly.

ssaito

探花
Hi,
Did something change with the new Plecodict 1 version that is compatible with WM6 that makes it such that it cannot be installed at the same time as Plecodict beta 3? I had Plecodict 1 and beta 3 installed on my pda, but when i upgraded Plecodict 1 to be compatible with WM6 I found that beta 3 no longer could find the dictionaries, even though they're still on the SD card. It only shows the USR dictionary.

Did I do something wrong?

Thanks,
Steve
AT&T 8525 WM6

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
The new release had about 6 lines of code changed and none of them had anything to do with data file / registry conflicts, so I don't think this was caused by that - does soft resetting your phone help with this? Or is there any chance that some of the version 1 dictionaries might have accidentally been deleted/overwritten?