Beta 4 Bug Reports

thph2006

进士
ldolse said:
If you can live without an actual handwriting recognition SIP just use ZTA4. If you really need HWR then I suggest searching the internet - search for (redacted) with CE-Star and you can find a hacked version which you can choose to just install the handwriting. It's the memory resident stuff they do for licensing and adding support for Big5 and GB that causes it to be flaky, so the hacked version bypasses that nicely.

Hi ldolse,
I think the (redacted) sounds like what I need but I want to be sure I'm installing the right thing and none of the stuff that causes flaky behavior so can you let me know which of the following things I need to install or avoid installing? The (redacted) zip file items and instructions are pasted below. I think the instructions say to install one of the two choices in 1.) as the base program and as many of the IMEs from 2.) as you need. Should I just follow the instructions or leave something out? (ideally I'd like both traditional and simplified support but maybe that's not possible)
Thanks, tom

解壓後

1.) 系統安裝 : 只可選一個安裝
System Big5C.cab <- 繁體
System GBKC.cab <- 簡體

***** 安裝後系統會要求 Reset , 千萬不要 Reset !!!! *****

2.) 輸入法安裝 : 選擇安裝
ChaJei倉頡.cab
Jianyi速成.cab
Penpower蒙恬Big5.cab
Penpower蒙恬GBK.cab
Pinyin拼音.cab
Yuepin粵拼.cab
Zhuyin注音.cab

3.) 最後安裝過程
到 Start -> Programs -> CE-Star , 按下 Install , Reset 後就完成 .

ldolse

状元
It's been too long since I've used that SIP, so no longer remember what I did (probably just the penpower pieces), and anyway I don't think Mike really approves of too much info about hacked/pirated software here.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sorry, he actually checked it with me before posting but I didn't realize there was piracy involved - anyway, no worries, I've removed the references to it from his post and your original one now. But don't pirate CE-Star, guys, buy it legitimately or use something else.

Sarevok

进士
An alternative to CE-Star can be found here:

http://my.opera.com/cameron_en/blog/200 ... lete-guide

There shouldn't be any piracy involved as this IME is mostly custom made. Works like a charm for Japanese, less so for Chinese (but it is still quite usable) and I have never tested the Korean part. The handwriting recognizer is much like CE-Star, but the pinyin keyboard SIP is slightly less user friendly - you have to get used to a new keyboard layout (the input method is much like 双拼) and you can only convert the pinyin to characters on per syllable basis...

ldolse

状元
Well you could use that for the handwriting and use PlumSip/ZTA4 for pinyin. Hopefully MS will take a clue from Apple and let people use whatever MS SIP/language combo in an upcoming release.