Beta 7(d) Bug Report Thread

radioman

状元
Mike,

I sent you the file of sentences to import. After category identification at the top, it had 3 parts, Hanzi, pronunciation, and definition.

I had actually imported the file earlier, with no pronunciation, so it was Hanzi, nothing, definition, tab delimited. That file had imported fine, but their was no pronunciation to reference. I believe there in lies the problem. Specifically, I believe that since pretty much all the cards existed in my deck (albiet under a different category), the new file with the pronunciation now included would not import. I do not believe this to be a memory sizing issue, but my guess would be that the pre-existance of the cards themselves.

Anyway, I deleted the originalcards, and the modified deck with pronunciation imported fine.

FYI I am putting this under this thread as I have not upgraded to the candidate release. yet.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Ah, that would explain it - unless you turned duplicate-checking off those cards would probably be rejected as duplicates. When importing an updated list like this the "Replace" option under "Duplicate Entries" would probably be best.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yes it would, though an "Update" option that preserves scores/categories but brings in the newer text (perhaps even with the option to require that the existing card you're replacing already belong to one of the categories the new card is in to avoid accidentally overwriting unrelated / similar cards) would be an excellent idea for a future release :)