Card Selection/Sort by/Category order?

Hi,

I have created some practice sheets for practicing 楷书 and 行书 handwriting, along with some corresponding Pleco flashcard files (http://www.edsko.net/2016/02/15/chinese-resources/, section Handwriting). My idea was that I could then use Pleco to practice in the same order as my practice sheets (and then revise after that in arbitrary order). However, although under Card Selection we can specify "Fixed" order, the sorting choices are either by "created" (which is the date that flash card happened to be created previously, which is very random as I have many different kinds of categories for my flash cards) or by "score".

Is there another way I can ask Pleco to ask the words in the same order as they appear in the Flashcard category?

I realized that I can work around this for now by saying "Duplicate entries: Allow" during import, so that the "Created" order does in fact match the ordering of the input.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That would do it, yes. 4.0 has added a 'category order' option for tests though it's a bit slow.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
We plan to advertise it pretty widely / publicly - TestFlight limit was recently increased to 10,000 testers so I expect anybody who's interested will get to participate :)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
It's not in any sort of outside testing at the moment - we're not even setting any deadlines internally, particularly not now that we've gotten pretty good at porting interesting stuff we come up with back to 3.0; we'll start testing it when it's ready.