How to use PLC for E-C?

Hello. Since I upgraded my pleco app with new dictionaries, the PLC dictionary no longer appears when I do a search for an English word.

When I do a search for a Chinese word, PLC is the first dictionary that shows up, as well as all the others, but I'd like the reverse to work as well, like it did before I added new dictionaries.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Tap on the 'E' icon to switch to a full-text Chinese-to-English dictionary search - that should get you back to your PLC results.

Yea but I want to be able to search for english strings in in PLC dictionary. When I bought your extra dictionaries, you vastly decreased my availability of English to Chinese searches. I want to use PLC from E, like it was before I upgraded. But now my English dictionary has been downgraded from my purchase.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
There are two "E"s - tap on the filled-in E and you'll get an outlined E that does a full-text search of Chinese-English dictionaries.

Sorry for the confusion - we generally feel that results from dedicated E-C dictionaries are better and more accurate, which is why we default to that type of search once you've purchased one of those dictionaries. If you don't want to see them at all, delete them in the "Add-ons" screen.

Ah, I see. Thanks, I just press the filled in E.

And yes, I can see why you would think that the dedicated E-C dictionaries are more accurate. But that doesn't mean that that it makes the less accurate entries redundant. Because they still have information in them.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Certainly, yes - you can also get to those entries from an E-C entry via the "Words" tab.