Importing flashcards already present in database

Mythaar

秀才
I have the full HSK 1-6 flashcard lists already in Pleco, so the words in these categories are already assigned. However, I haven't learnt all the words from these levels.
I want to import some flashcards from a text file, which I have seen commonly. I was able to do so, and they were successfully recognized and added. These imported words are a mix of non-HSK and HSK words.
However, only 6/17 words added were shown in Uncategorized, where imported flashcards go. The rest were not retagged - as a simplified example, if 妈妈 was in the wordlist and had been imported, it stayed in HSK 1 and did not also have the Uncategorized category.
So, when I moved the words to my profile and category for practicing imports, only 6/17 of the words wanted were there. Only by manually going through could I change the categories of the other words I wanted - obviously inefficient, especially as the wordlist gets higher.
Is there a way to add a category to words already with a category when imported?

I had a similar problem in my thread here: https://plecoforums.com/threads/bulk-import-to-a-category.6725/

The solution that worked for me is:
  1. When you import the file, make sure the first line of the file is "//NAME" where "NAME" is whatever you want the category to be called. Unfortunately, your goal can not be achieved if you only wish everything to be in "uncategorised".
  2. On the import screen, select "Merge Cats" under "Duplicate Entries".

Mythaar

秀才
I had a similar problem in my thread here: https://plecoforums.com/threads/bulk-import-to-a-category.6725/

The solution that worked for me is:
  1. When you import the file, make sure the first line of the file is "//NAME" where "NAME" is whatever you want the category to be called. Unfortunately, your goal can not be achieved if you only wish everything to be in "uncategorised".
  2. On the import screen, select "Merge Cats" under "Duplicate Entries".
Works great, cheers.