Is there a way to close the Pleco dictionary app on my mobile device without swiping?

anhnha

举人
Is there a way to close the Pleco dictionary app on my mobile device without swiping?
Or is there a way to open Screen Reader without opening the dictionary?
I'm trying to use Tasker to close the app automatically, but my phone is not rooted and I cannot use ADB over WiFi

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You can add a quick settings tile to toggle the button for the screen reader, yes - just go into your quick settings bar and you should see it as one of the choices you can add.

anhnha

举人
Thanks again for your help.
Sorry to bother you again, but I still can't find that quick settings tile.

1678001231797.png

So, I've got another issue that I'm hoping you can help me with. I accidentally did a long press on the floating button UI of my screen reader and selected the option to hide it. Now I couldn't bring it back. I tried restarting my device, but that didn't do the trick.
I know reinstalling the app is an option, but that seems like a lot of work. Do you have any other suggestions I could try?
(After numerous attempts, I finally found the solution. It turns out that the notification was turned off, which prevented me from seeing the option to enable it. Once I allowed notification permission, I was able to see the option and enable it.)

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Quick settings tiles are something you can usually manage by swiping down at the top of the screen (they're in the same family as for example the button to toggle WiFi on and off), though it's tough to give you precise instructions since they can differ from phone to phone / OS version to OS version.

anhnha

举人
Thank you. I've just realized that it's the same one where I brought the floating button back. It had been hidden due to notification settings.