Mistakes in Rainbow Bridge Higher readers?

Mythaar

秀才
I'm going through some of the graded readers from Rainbow Bridge that Pleco has to offer. Browsing through the first sample, however, already shows a strange piece of text (shown in the image).

While the story is intriguing, I'm not sure whether I'm willing to buy it if this continues throughout the story. Are these English characters found through the rest of the stories (and in this one Makings of the First Emperor in particular)? I'd like to know before committing to buying.
IMG_5119084D75AD-1.jpeg

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
There are a few, yes - we’re working on a fix but if you find them unusable with that problem then it’s probably best to wait until we update them.

Mythaar

秀才
I see. How common are the mistakes in the book and are there any readers in which they aren't present?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I don't have an exact figure on how common they are - AFAIK they're only in the Rainbow Bridge ones. A quick check of the First Emperor book you're looking at shows 4 more examples like this, but doing a quick check of the first few RB titles alphabetically I'm not seeing any at all in Bad Luck Guy or Butterfly or Cao Chong or Cowherd or Cricket or Dongguo or Dragon Boat.

Mythaar

秀才
I don't have an exact figure on how common they are - AFAIK they're only in the Rainbow Bridge ones. A quick check of the First Emperor book you're looking at shows 4 more examples like this, but doing a quick check of the first few RB titles alphabetically I'm not seeing any at all in Bad Luck Guy or Butterfly or Cao Chong or Cowherd or Cricket or Dongguo or Dragon Boat.
Thank you for looking through that for me. As it's the 750-word HSK 3 books I'm looking at now, would you be willing to quickly flip through the other two from RB (Li Wa and Voluntary Hardships) to see if they contain mistakes?