New Feature Feedback?

mfcb

状元
mikelove said:
mfcb said:
- would it be possible to implement browse all booksmarks (even from different texts->rapid document changing )

Might be... interesting idea. So we'd list all of the documents you'd viewed in recently viewed order with their associated bookmarks?
sounds good
mikelove said:
mfcb said:
- would like to have an "auto-last-position" bookmark

It should already be taking you to the last position automatically - is it not doing that now?
yes, it is, but i have the feeling its interrupted by frequent clipboard reader activation, will test again...
mikelove said:
mfcb said:
- (already mentioned somewhere i think) possiblity to save clipboard loaded reader content

Already possible, just choose "Save" from the menu.
oh, how could i miss that, hehe... i played around with "chrome to phone", and it sometimes takes a long time until the clipboard is transferred to the phone, so at the time when it arrives i maybe dont have the time to read it... maybe i tried to save, when i still used the demo version?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Marc Vermeiren said:
HDZB_36.TTF, HDZB_75.TTF and STXINGKA.TTF. All are free fonts that can be found in a number of places on the net.

Found the problem: actually really stupid, it's that the file extensions are in uppercase; just change them to ".ttf" and they should work fine. (we're missing the all-important lowercase string conversion)

mikelove said:
Marc Vermeiren said:
HDZB_36.TTF, HDZB_75.TTF and STXINGKA.TTF. All are free fonts that can be found in a number of places on the net.

Found the problem: actually really stupid, it's that the file extensions are in uppercase; just change them to ".ttf" and they should work fine. (we're missing the all-important lowercase string conversion)

Sorry for not geting back sooner.

Yes, this solves the problem, although not all of the files actually worked. Must be something in the .ttf file also; of the three, only the stxingka.ttf made a difference.

One additional remark: putting the font in the right directory and 'restart Pleco' is not enough. I needed to reboot the Xoom or (force) close Pleco and then 'restart Pleco'. Semantics, but it may be important to point out.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Marc Vermeiren said:
Sorry for not geting back sooner.

Yes, this solves the problem, although not all of the files actually worked. Must be something in the .ttf file also; of the three, only the stxingka.ttf made a difference.

One additional remark: putting the font in the right directory and 'restart Pleco' is not enough. I needed to reboot the Xoom or (force) close Pleco and then 'restart Pleco'. Semantics, but it may be important to point out.

Great! And you're quite right, we ought to clarify that - we could theoretically make it work when you reopen the app, but that means slowing down the app reopen a tiny bit (since we need to check to see if anything has changed in that directory) so it's probably best if we keep it working as it does now but make the instructions clearer.

Maybe put some "re-read configuration" or "exit Pleco" item deep into menu? I have no problem as my ROM allows to "long press back to kill app". Having to reboot device to get new fonts seems a bit overkill to me.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
lattenwald said:
Maybe put some "re-read configuration" or "exit Pleco" item deep into menu? I have no problem as my ROM allows to "long press back to kill app". Having to reboot device to get new fonts seems a bit overkill to me.

It's pretty easy to force-quit an app on almost any Android device - Settings / Applications / Manage Applications / Running. I suppose we could add an in-app option to refresh the fonts, but since people aren't going to discover this feature unless they read the manual anyway it shouldn't be much of a problem for us to simply explain how to kill an application in whatever section of the manual we explain custom fonts in.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Bumping this thread to ask about the new Beta 5 features, mainly:

• Definition view changes - does the two-sets-of-arrows approach help, or did you prefer it the old way?
  • New + button options - how are you liking the new duplicate card dialog?
  • OCR flashcard auto-capture - working smoothly?
  • Improved ABC formatting - any glitches?
  • "Sticky" dictionary search option - useful at all for specialized titles like Tuttle / Guifan?

The first item on that list is especially important since it's one of the big things we've been changing in the course of our general dictionary UI overhaul; in fact, between that and merged multi-dict we're almost done, the last big remaining item is a revamp of the 中/英 button to allow for more than just 2 options (so you could have, for example, separate areas for classical and modern Chinese dictionaries).