New Practical Chinese Reader

ipsi

状元
The link should be working - I had issues with it just before, but it's working again now - let me or StephenHodges know if this behaviour comes back.

again (or still) not working here...

Hi all. I'm working on the problem, but it ALWAYS works for me, unfortunately. :shock:

Also, working with IPSI this morning, it started working for him after about 2 minutes, so for now, just retry in a minute or two. There seems to be some cyclical thing running that somehow interferes with just 2 sites on the server (it's my server).

We've started adding debugging code and some SMTP instrumentation to try and track it down. (Normal logs aren't showing anything)

But, site IS available.

Stephan

IPSI also told me he'd get the remaining books up there soonest!

fplanjer

秀才
Ipsi, is the link to the Pleco 2.0 XML file missing on you page "http://china.panlogicsoftware.com/ebooks.html" ?
At the "Installing Pleco 2.0" section I see: "Simply download this file, copy it to your SD Card", but no link.

Everything on the site should have simplified characters available. Some of the XML files will have both, since they are Pleco imports. The texts are in simplified, as far as I know, although converting from fanti to jianti should be pretty straightforward. Let me know if there are any there that need converting.

Stephan

ipsi

状元
Ok, I've finally uploaded Book 4 (and some of book 5) to http://china.panlogicsoftware.com/ebooks.html.

It should import without a problem. Let me know if you encounter any errors.

I'm also not promising if/when I'll be able to finish off book 5. Could take a very long time.

Also included the program I used to help generate the XML file, which works on a slightly modified version of Pleco's Category stuff. If you're interested and know Java fairly well (enough to be able to use Maven, at any rate), feel free to have a look through the code. It's pretty much undocumented, but you can use it if you want. :)

bifi82

Hello Everybody,

recently I bought pleco for my handheld, because I'm studying Chinese in Cologne. So, I'm german. I hope, my english is good enough for a very silly question :p :

I'm using "new practical chinese reader" in university and downloaded a file of your forum recently. ( it's NPCR4.PDB ). I installed it with Hot Sync with my handheld few minutes ago.

Now my silly question: Where can I find this Vocabulary?
I thought, I can find them at managing flashcards (I already created some categories for flashcard sessions)

I' m sooo sorry. I'm not so in technique and not so used to pleco and my handheld yet.
Thanks for help!!!!
Bridget

P3love

ipsi said:
I've got NPCR 1 through 3, I'll put them somewhere shortly.

Many thanks to ipsi - this has saved me a massive amount of time - you can bet that this is a great deed!!! Thanks again!!

Duan

秀才
Here's a wordlist for NPCR-2, with subcategories for the text and supplement sections. I copied the list from https://www.cram.com/flashcards/export/13748517. It seems plausibly correct in spot checking against the second edition but I haven't checked carefully. I dropped the definitions etc from the original to use the built-in ones from the Pleco dictionary.
It was delightfully quick and easy to do, mostly just playing around to see how the import files look. Certainly easier than when I made my first flashcards for this book 42 years ago. It used to be called "Elementary Chinese 2" and the Reader 1 maps to the new Reader 3. They haven't changed much, beside dropping the Cultural Revolution vocabulary. It's a lot more useful learning how to ask where the toilet is, than saying how the output of your commune exceeded the Five Year Plan by 20%. And there were worse things than that. Those textbooks were memorable, to put it diplomatically.

Attachments

• NPCR2.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 36