Reader > Playback button timing / forward button

Hello all,

Ref. Settings > Reader > Back button goes back (sec.)

1/ Currently the back button only allows for playing back with fixed intervals of 5 seconds to 120 sec, could it be possible to customize it by every user?
For instance I could use a play back button of 2 seconds only when I'm discovering a new audio file where some words are quite difficult to understand.

2/ Why not having a forward button as well? This would be useful when I'm opening an audio file I already know and I'd like to go to a particular segment forward...

What are your thought?

Thanks always for the wonderful tool that Pleco is ;-)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Makes sense, but the future of Lyrics Reader is a bit uncertain now in general - since we can no longer access the system podcast directory (main use for lyrics reader) we're transitioning it to accessing audio files directly, but we're not sure if enough people will use it in that new form to justify further improvements.

Thanks Mike!
I rely on the Lyrics Reader extensively to listen to Chinese songs and/or Podcasts (after having transformed them into song file in iTunes),
The Lyrics reader feature is critical whether I use the existing lyrics or add them myself into the file.

Hope I'll still be able to do this :)

piranha

秀才
Sorry to come up with something slightly different.. but.. hmm, since what version Pleco can play podcasts?
I am using 3.2.27 and when I open an mp3 file with Chinese lyrics, all I can see is: ID3
So.. mp3 lyrics seem not to be supported, at least not the type of mp3 lyrics I need. Flac files are not supported neither.

I actually do not care about playing audio from pleco since it's easy to control media players with headset controls or to switch between media player and pleco, but I would really like Pleco to be able to read audio files embedded lyrics

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
We don't support that feature on Android at the moment. (in fact we barely support it on iOS these days given Apple's botching of the system music library with the Apple Music launch)