(solved) Chinese History: A New Manual, causes app to crash

Drewmanchu

Hi there,

I recently purchased the ebook version of Endymion Wilkinson's Chinese History for Pleco. I have the latest edition in print, however, I thought it would be useful to have on-the-move. However, it refuses to open and causes the app to crash when I attempt to open it. Any thoughts?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm, that's a new one - what brand / model of Android device do you have, what version of Android is it running, and what version of Pleco are you running? Where did you download the book from, directly in-app or from our website?

Drewmanchu

Hi there,

Good question. I'm bad for all that. I think it's a Sony Xperia XA1 or some such model. In terms of android updates, I'm not the best for updates, so I'd better attempt an update and get back to you.

Cheers,
Drew.

Drewmanchu

Hi there,

I've had a full update but my app still crashed on trying to open it. However, I'll uninstall the app and reinstall it based on the pleco guidelines for android. I'm not sure what's causing the issue but hopefully this will help those who are facing a similar issue.

Thanks,
Drew.

Drewmanchu

I've reinstalled it from the pleco link, so how do I get all the add-ons that I've purchased? I've got an email that has a code but I'm quite unsure as how to continue.

Thanks,
Drew.

Drewmanchu

Hi again,

Had a fiddle with it, reinstalled from Google play and we're all set. Sorry to trouble you!

Best,
Drew.

Drewmanchu

(solved) Just to clarify for anyone with a similar problem, I updated to the latest android OS, uninstalled Pleco and then reinstalled it (via Google play) and everything was fine. Probably some weird issue that was a result of a poorly optimised system/software version.

Cheers,
Drew.