3.2.x Bug Report / Feedback Thread

Oh well... thanks for the explanation. Using share sheet achieves what I want, though not quite as convenient. I guess that "custom server port" file manager setting can get chopped too now ;)

Hi, in the document reader, in order to avoid seeing the pinyin over the characters in a pdf, I activated the “vertically scroll pdf” option. Everything worked perfectly until recently. Now, reaching about half the page make it jump to the next one, or go back to the top. The only change I’m thinking of is updating to iPadOS 16.2, and updating Pleco to 3.2.70. I tried to quit, restart the iPad, de/reactivate the scroll option, load another pdf: all without success. It doesn’t seem to have this behavior if I zoom in a lot (but then I can’t read obviously). Do you know what I could do to fix? Thanks.

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I'm guessing it's a 16.2 thing, since we didn't change any code relating to PDF reading in 3.2.70 (or update to a new SDK that might bring its own hidden behavior changes) - does it still work correctly if you turn off vertical scrolling?

Also, what do you mean about "seeing pinyin over the characters"? Is this a PDF that offers them as some kind of a hint and you're scrolling the page so as to keep the pinyin for the line of text you're reading concealed under the title bar?

I'm guessing it's a 16.2 thing, since we didn't change any code relating to PDF reading in 3.2.70 (or update to a new SDK that might bring its own hidden behavior changes) - does it still work correctly if you turn off vertical scrolling?

Also, what do you mean about "seeing pinyin over the characters"? Is this a PDF that offers them as some kind of a hint and you're scrolling the page so as to keep the pinyin for the line of text you're reading concealed under the title bar?
Hi,
My file is a typical workbook text, with the pinyin above the line of characters. Since I can’t turn it off, I like to scroll the pinyin line to the top to hide it.
If I turn off vertical scroll, then well, I can’t scroll so I can’t reproduce the bug. I tried to zoom in so to be able to scroll, but then it is as with scroll enabled: the text doesn’t jump (but the text is so much zoomed, especially reaching the bottom of the page, that I also need to scroll left/right, which is quite annoying).

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
@Pierre Biannic - does it help matters any if you turn off the option to the show the thumbnail bar? (also in Settings / Reader)

There seems to be a weird bug in iOS 16 where having that turned on causes the PDF to constantly scroll back to take snapshots of itself in order to update its preview. (whether that's on our end or Apple's is TBD)

@Pierre Biannic - does it help matters any if you turn off the option to the show the thumbnail bar? (also in Settings / Reader)

There seems to be a weird bug in iOS 16 where having that turned on causes the PDF to constantly scroll back to take snapshots of itself in order to update its preview. (whether that's on our end or Apple's is TBD)
Indeed, after deactivating that option, the page stops jumping. Thanks a lot!

plecome

The Cantonese romanization for 蛇 snake is incorrect? Jyutping shows ji4 and corresponding Yale entry as well. In PLC; looks correct in the Cantonese dictionaries. CCY also has a strange entry of "se1u" JP in an alternate definition entry. This is on Android app... There's no bug reporting thread in that forum.

Hi, when in the live OCR, I use both tap to video to pause and to resume. Tap to pause works well, but tap to resume stopped working (I tried to deactivate/reactivate, force quit the app: no effect). Anyone noticed it as well?

Shun

状元
Hi, same phenomenon here. I can pause but, to resume, I need to tap the Resume button. Resuming by tapping the image area does not restart the video input. I've never used this feature in earlier versions of Pleco, so I can't tell if this is a new bug/regression. (Pleco version 3.2.70)

caesartg

榜眼
When I change the color of a Category tag by entering or pasting in a new hex number in the "Input Hex Color", it ignores my input and leaves the value as it was. (Iphone 13)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Does it help if you hit 'return'? Is the color actually reflected in the color picker after you enter it?

caesartg

榜眼
The value also sometimes changes when I select from the color pixel tool by a small amount, but sometimes enough to notice the difference if I am trying to make two tags the same color.

When I click on the brightness slider after entering, the new value that is selected becomes the value. But again, when I check, the hex number appears to have changed slightly and is neither the value I entered nor the value that I selected from the brightness slider.

Are you unable to reproduce?

caesartg

榜眼
For example, if the brightness slider is to the extreme left and I select the top blue pixel (007FFF) and click back and then go back in, it has turned into (0080FF).