3.2.x Bug Report / Feedback Thread

Hi, i have a feature suggestion: could it be possible to add the possibility to quickly open the OCR lookup on icon long press from the home screen (iOS)? Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hi, i have a feature suggestion: could it be possible to add the possibility to quickly open the OCR lookup on icon long press from the home screen (iOS)? Thanks!

That should already be doable, actually - Settings / Miscellaneous / 3D Touch Shortcuts, you can add whatever options you like there.

Minor bug found. Easily avoidable, but easily reproducible...

On the handwriting input screen if I triple-tap instead of double-tap a couple of times (to clear the screen) then this usually crashes the app. It prompted me to send the crash report, which I have submitted.

Version 3.2.66 on iOS.

Shun

状元
Hello Mike,

with version 3.2.66 on iOS, on both an iPhone Xr and an iPhone 12, it's become impossible to move the selection handles (circled in orange in the screenshot below) while reading a PDF document in the Document Reader. When I tap-hold on either of them, the selection is immediately lost. With text files, I can still drag the selection boundaries around, as desired. The local selection boundary buttons (circled in green) still work with any type of file.

IMG_6213.jpeg

Thanks,

Shun

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm, this one unfortunately goes in the category of "things I didn't know you could actually do" - given how we implemented PDF text selection, it shouldn't even be possible to get selection handles to appear here. So I'm afraid the bug would actually be that they're appearing rather than that they're not working correctly.

Shun

状元
Thank you, that's good to know, I can live with it. It's still possible to select multiple lines of text using regular PDF viewers, so I can copy text out, for example.

Shun

状元
Hi, in the WORDS tab of the most common words containing a character, I always get double listings of each word with different dictionaries, even though their Simplified, Traditional, and pinyin fields are all identical. If it takes too much deep diving into Pleco 3.2’s code, I would understand. Thanks!

7F7FBD51-3B88-4D0E-937C-15CC91ED5AC4.png

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That's odd... are any of these user dictionaries? Does it happen with any pinyin? (I'm wondering if there's some specific confusion on the lüe due to the umlaut)

Shun

状元
There weren't any user dictionaries involved (or not exclusively), but your inkling about the "ü" umlaut was exactly right. With another character pronounced "lü4", the duplicates were there, but with a different character pronounced "cè", there weren't any problems. So the bug must be limited to words having an "ü" in their pinyin.

IMG_6226.PNG

No problems with "cè":

IMG_6227.PNG

Strange bug I’m having: I have the option “Autoplay on reveal” active in my flashcards and it always works with earphones (AirPods if that matters), but it never works on speakers, I’ve tried many times over the past few months, audio plays normally if I click the play button but it doesn’t autoplay

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Strange bug I’m having: I have the option “Autoplay on reveal” active in my flashcards and it always works with earphones (AirPods if that matters), but it never works on speakers, I’ve tried many times over the past few months, audio plays normally if I click the play button but it doesn’t autoplay

Is your device's mute switch turned on?

Alexis

状元
Hi Mike, Just realized I've been using Pleco for 17 years now! Such an amazing product.

Would it be possible to display the dictionary "Short Name" instead of the Menu Name in the Manage Dictionaries and Manage Dictionary Group screens? I just realized today I had omitted GZHFYCD from My Cantonese dictionary group because I have too many dictionaries and didn't recognize what it was.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Would it be possible to display the dictionary "Short Name" instead of the Menu Name in the Manage Dictionaries and Manage Dictionary Group screens? I just realized today I had omitted GZHFYCD from My Cantonese dictionary group because I have too many dictionaries and didn't recognize what it was.

We're getting rid of the separate 'menu name' thing altogether in 4.0, actually. (relic of a smaller-screened - as in 160x160 Palm OS screened - era)

laurenth

秀才
This may be a bug in the Grand Ricci, maybe concerning characters with multiple pronunciations. If I look for 強, there’s no definition, but only a link to 強 qiáng. If I tap the link, there’s only a new link. No way I can access the definition. I’m sure I’ve seen the same thing happening with other characters or words, but can’t remember which ones right now.
Thx