PlecoDict 1.0.1 Bug Report Thread

Flashcard: New Session Window

There is a minor bug in the Flashcard New Session Window.
The Scroll Bar 'jumps' instead of scrolling.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
By "jumps" do you mean that it doesn't drag smothly? That's actually deliberate - we don't want you to end up with half a checkbox on the screen. (nor would the Palm OS allow that)

Flashcard: New Session Scroll Bar

mikelove said:
By "jumps" do you mean that it doesn't drag smothly? That's actually deliberate - we don't want you to end up with half a checkbox on the screen. (nor would the Palm OS allow that)
Dui4buqi3 (对不起), This is what I meant by 'Jumps'.

You have to tap either side of the scroll bar to scroll.
Dragging the scroll bar doesn't seem to work.
Neither do the scroll bar arrows.

The scroll bar on the 'Flag Settings' Window seems to function
correctly, scrolling flag by flag (ie by Flag Name/Check Box/Buttons)

Hope this helps

Flashcards: Flag Bug

There seems to be a problem on the with 'Flag 16'.

Setting 'Flag 16' also Sets/Unsets All subsequent Flags.

Flags 17-32 are unable to be Set/Unset Individually.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm... hadn't heard of this one before. We did expand the flag limit from 16 to 32 pretty late in development, but we've tested it and had it work successfully with all 32, so I'm not sure why it's not working in your case. Perhaps there's some set of circumstances under which it will still think it's limited to 16...

Bug: Removing Flags

There Is Definitely A Problem Using Flags 16+ :(

There is also a Problem Removing Unwanted Flags.
ie Using (-) on the 'Flag Settings' Screen.
After removing the problem Flags (16+),
I found that some of the remaining flag names had been overwritten by some of the deleted flag names.
I've yet to determine if the actual flag settings were also corrupted. :(

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Makes sense, in light of the other problem. But this is a little bit worrying... there's at least some chance that this may turn out to be a bug in the data file format, in which case we might have to cut the flag count back to 16 until the next time we change the file format (which won't happen before 1.1). Hopefully, though, it'll just be some tiny little oversight that can easily be fixed.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I checked and it's definitely not a problem with the data file - looks like it's limited to the flag-checking function only (and then only in some cases). So this should be quite easy to fix. The deleting/adding problem is an entirely separate bug.

Re: Flashcard: New Session Window

The Duelist said:
There is a minor bug in the Flashcard New Session Window.
The Scroll Bar 'jumps' instead of scrolling.
This was Fixed in Palm PlecoDict 1.02a. :D
But the Same Problem also exists on the Manage Flashcards:Export List(s) Screen.

Also, I think it would be better if the Flashcard:Edit Card (Flashcard Info) Screen Default Button was Done instead of Reset.

The Duelist

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks for that bug report. But I'm afraid that setting the default button is harder than we thought, so we won't be able to change any of the default buttons for 1.0.2. (there's some potential that it might cause crashes on some Palms and we'd rather not risk it this close to release)

The scrollbar fix should be doable, though.

A

Anonymous

Handwriting crashes if used as a drawing pad ;)

This is a bug that probably won't come into affect very often. I just upgraded to the new PlecoDict, which is a wonderful product, and was playing with teh new handwriting system. I wanted to see just how loose I could be in my writing and still have it recognize the character. I found that if I was too loose (to the point of it looking like a scribble pad) it would sometimes crash the whole Palm (Sony Clie) when either "Recognize" or "Exit" was chosen (the crash on "exit" may have just been a delayed response to my hitting "Recognize").

Again, not a major problem, but I thought I would let you know.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks for the bug report. We've gotten a few other reports of problems like this, but unfortunately we haven't been able to find a cause for them in our code - it looks like they have something to do with the handwriting recognition engine (which we licensed from another company and didn't write ourselves), so aside from passing this along to them there's not a whole lot we can do about it.

A

Anonymous

Perhaps a dictionary issues, but 扩展 (kuo4zhan3) is missing the Chinese charactered example phrase...