Pleco for Android Beta 3 Bug Report Thread

mfcb

状元
Giraffe said:
That's not what I'm seeing. I have three buttons: "Continue", "Continue w/o dates" and "Stop"
you'll find the option under "Flashcards - Review Flashcards - End-of-Session"

Giraffe

举人
mfcb said:
Giraffe said:
That's not what I'm seeing. I have three buttons: "Continue", "Continue w/o dates" and "Stop"

It doesn't have any effect. The incorrect cards are not repeated. That's the problem.

mfcb

状元
Giraffe said:
mfcb said:
Giraffe said:

It doesn't have any effect. The incorrect cards are not repeated. That's the problem.
dont know whats your problem, works as expected for me. when i tap the "repeat incorrect" another few options appear, which i select all (i want to loop and shuffle repeat incorrect) and when i am out of cards in the test it asks me to repeat incorrect.

edit: another thing to mention, the settings like end-of-session and so on are coupled to the session profile, so when you have set repeat incorrect to the simple profile and after that you switched to the repetition spaced profile, you have to set end-of-session again for it.
the dialog "no more cards to review" appears if repetition spaced has no more cards to show you, so to test add another few cards or press "without dates"... when you mark some as incorrect, the repeat incorrect will appear, tested it, works perfect...

Giraffe

举人
Doesn't work for me. It's one of two bugs that I have with the Flashcard module -the other is that the stats don't display properly. I wonder if they are related.

mfcb

状元
hmmm, appart from the repeat incorrect, i can confirm your other problems, before i got the session statistics after the flashcard session (at least 2 or 3 times), right now tested again, did not get it.
also the "cards learned" dont show up, even after modifying the setting to "cards learned score>=101"...
maybe its some settings influencing each other, or the db getting corrupted... i definitely saw the session end stats before

Giraffe

举人
I switched profiles (to default) and now I'm getting the "test incorrect" option. I can't see that there's any difference between the profiles though. I still can't see the stats for the selected categories of cards though.

Giraffe

举人
Giraffe said:
I switched profiles (to default) and now I'm getting the "test incorrect" option. I can't see that there's any difference between the profiles though. I still can't see the stats for the selected categories of cards though.

Ah hah!

The bug is a little clearer now. When I changed the Default profile settings for Card Selection System to "Spaced Repetition" I lost the "Test incorrect" functionality (even though it appears to be correctly configured).

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
mfcb said:
document reader, if i select the option to display the translation always at the bottom, when the text nears the end it does not "go up" the translation, and is therefore hidden by it... somehow this spoils the efficiency for looking at the sentence structure in the text, and checking the different dictionaries for a word...

Quite right, I'm seeing that too - should be easy to fix in the next beta, thanks.

Giraffe said:
Doesn't work for me. It's one of two bugs that I have with the Flashcard module -the other is that the stats don't display properly. I wonder if they are related.

Did you read this comment of mfcb's?

mfcb said:
the dialog "no more cards to review" appears if repetition spaced has no more cards to show you, so to test add another few cards or press "without dates"... when you mark some as incorrect, the repeat incorrect will appear, tested it, works perfect...

Tap "Stop" in that prompt and you should then see the "repeat incorrect" screens. You can get rid of that prompt in Settings / Flashcards / Prompt to continue rep-spaced (which should really be moved to Card Selection and probably will be in the next beta).

On the missing stats issue, that's a known bug which we've already fixed for the next beta.

Giraffe

举人
mikelove said:
mfcb said:

Tap "Stop" in that prompt and you should then see the "repeat incorrect" screens. You can get rid of that prompt in Settings / Flashcards / Prompt to continue rep-spaced (which should really be moved to Card Selection and probably will be in the next beta).

It doesn't work that way for me. If I tap "Stop" it just goes back to the main Flashcard screen (the one with the "Begin Test Session" button).

But if I change the card selection option to "Fixed" it works.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Giraffe said:
It doesn't work that way for me. If I tap "Stop" it just goes back to the main Flashcard screen (the one with the "Begin Test Session" button).

Well that's odd, it works fine on a test system here... any chance you might have not actually had any incorrect cards in the session you just tested with? What about if you exit the session before it's completed (by pressing the back button) and tell it you don't want to save - does it show you incorrect cards then?

Giraffe

举人
mikelove said:
Giraffe said:

Well that's odd, it works fine on a test system here... any chance you might have not actually had any incorrect cards in the session you just tested with? What about if you exit the session before it's completed (by pressing the back button) and tell it you don't want to save - does it show you incorrect cards then?

No I definitely have incorrect cards (I can even see them if I switch to fixed mode instead of spaced). Pressing back and choosing any option doesn't help.

Supaiku

举人
Maybe this is already logged, but often when I first open pleco, or on re-opening it, it will crash the first time, but open no problem the second time.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Supaiku said:
Maybe this is already logged, but often when I first open pleco, or on re-opening it, it will crash the first time, but open no problem the second time.

It is, but we're still trying very hard to figure out what's causing it. Could you please install aLogCat or CatLog from Android Market (or this page if you can't access Android Market), then the next time this happens, run that app and send us the resulting log file?

Supaiku

举人
mikelove said:
Supaiku said:

It is, but we're still trying very hard to figure out what's causing it. Could you please install aLogCat or CatLog from Android Market (or this page if you can't access Android Market), then the next time this happens, run that app and send us the resulting log file?

does this have the required information? I can do it again without so much going on in the background/futzing around with opening alogcat.

Attachments

• alogcat.2011-11-08-18-46-55+0800.txt
    70.6 KB · Views: 792

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Supaiku said:
does this have the required information? I can do it again without so much going on in the background/futzing around with opening alogcat.

Yes, that looks like it has what we need, thanks.

Have you changed any of the startup-related options in Settings/General? Restoring the last query on startup, say, or searching for the text in the clipboard? Is it likely that these options are triggering a search when you open Pleco and it crashes? We've figured out where exactly Pleco is crashing, and even have a pretty good idea as to why, but we're still missing a step in order to properly reproduce the problem - we know what erroneous state the software is in but we don't know how it got into that state.

Supaiku

举人
My startup options are currently:
Open input - checked
Restore Last search - unchecked
Search for clipboard - unchecked
Only search if Chinese - Check
Use reader lengch > 8

I'll try some different settings and see if the crash goes away/give you the log again.

EDIT:
I'll check again later, unchecking open input, and checking search for clipboard did not fix the issue.
I unchecked all options. It still returns to last search results regardless of if it's checked or not.)

If you would like me to test a particular setting, let me know.

The first log is still broken, the second seems fixed (killed process & re-opened twice, still worked fine.)

Attachments

• alogcat.2011-11-10-05-33-29+0800.txt
    56.6 KB · Views: 614
Hi, I recently downloaded pleco for my Samsung GT-S5670, Android 2.3.4. Installed it no problem. However, a few days ago my whole phone froze when I was in pleco. I had just activated the screenwriting function because I was going to write a character into my phone. I waited a few hours, still frozen. I couldn't turn off my phone so I took out the battery. Now my 4gb sc card is broken and won't work even after formatting it. I just thought you guys should know about this bug.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
ronibeloski said:
Hi, I recently downloaded pleco for my Samsung GT-S5670, Android 2.3.4. Installed it no problem. However, a few days ago my whole phone froze when I was in pleco. I had just activated the screenwriting function because I was going to write a character into my phone. I waited a few hours, still frozen. I couldn't turn off my phone so I took out the battery. Now my 4gb sc card is broken and won't work even after formatting it. I just thought you guys should know about this bug.

Yikes, that's quite a bug... however the faulty SD card is rather confusing, it shouldn't even be possible for an Android app (however buggy) to screw it up in that way.

What do you mean that the card "won't work"? Does it not even mount correctly as an SD card (so it won't show up in your Android file manager), or does it do that but refuse to actually hold any files you store on it? Does it work correctly if you put it in an SD card reader on your regular computer? (if you have one) Have you tried rebooting your phone a few more times (power it completely off and on again) to see if that gets the card working correctly on your phone?

mikelove said:
ronibeloski said:

Yikes, that's quite a bug... however the faulty SD card is rather confusing, it shouldn't even be possible for an Android app (however buggy) to screw it up in that way.

What do you mean that the card "won't work"? Does it not even mount correctly as an SD card (so it won't show up in your Android file manager), or does it do that but refuse to actually hold any files you store on it? Does it work correctly if you put it in an SD card reader on your regular computer? (if you have one) Have you tried rebooting your phone a few more times (power it completely off and on again) to see if that gets the card working correctly on your phone?

Thanks for the quick reply! What my phone said was "your sd card has an unsupported file system or is corrupt" or something to that effect. It then gave me the option to format the card. When I clicked on format, nothing seemed to happen. My file manager didn't recognize that I have an SD card on there, it wouldn't mount or anything. However, I just took out the card and put it back in and it works fine. Don't I feel silly. All my files are still on the card and working fine. Thanks for the help! I guess it was just a minor bug that made my phone freeze, but no lasting damage.