2.0.0 Bug Report Thread

Alexis

状元
Thanks for the stroke order info, definitely not worth investing much more in the Palm platform.

There are two entries for Tuttle: 以1 and 以2. If I try to add both to flashcards, then the second I try to add shows up as a duplicate flashcard.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Alexis - yeah, not much we can do about that except to find a way to implement a "Prompt" option for duplicate card handling, which is still kind of tricky at the moment.

wknight623 - OK, that should help us narrow it down - thanks.

tormodnor

I have the same problem as Ian had earlier here, I cant install the the pleco.cab file. The message i get is this one, Installation was unsuccessful. The program or setting cannot be installed because it is not digitally signed with a trusted certificate.

I have tried to install it from my "my documents" folder, but i get the same message there.

Not long ago I did a hard reset of my phone, so everything should be in order. Im runnning a htc touch with windows mobile 6.. Any suggestions? I dont think dowloading it again will help, since it was in a dmg file and the file would not open properly if something happend to it on the way down..

Pleace help!!!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sounds like the file was corrupted - that "trusted certificate" message actually has nothing to do with certificates but rather with something being screwed up about that .cab file. What sync software are you using to connect your handheld to your Mac?

Does your Touch have a utility for opening .zip files? (there's one called Zip included on a lot of HTC devices) If so, try downloading the "Windows" "Manual" "Minimal" version of Pleco, then copying that entire .zip file over to your handheld and opening it using that utility - you can then extract the .cab files directly from there to your handheld's memory.

tormodnor

thank you, that got me a little bit further on the way. I extracted the pleco.cab file to the same folder as the pleco folder is, and it installed successfully. But then I ran in to the next problem. When i try to open the pleco dictionary from my programs manu, I get this message: "No dictionary found. Sorry, no dictionary data files were found. Please check that youve installed them correctly". I tried to google this, but found nothing.
I should mention though, that when I installed the cab file, it seemed like it did only install the cab file, and did not notice the big pleco folder that now is on my sd card. Is there some connection here maybe? To put them in the same folder or something?

mfcb

状元
tormodnor said:
I should mention though, that when I installed the cab file, it seemed like it did only install the cab file, and did not notice the big pleco folder that now is on my sd card. Is there some connection here maybe? To put them in the same folder or something?

the folder on the sd card should be named "pleco" and it has to be in the root directory, dont put it in any subfolders...

plecoUser

秀才
wm 2003 on iPaq - Pleco won't launch?

HI all,

Having some issues getting this on my iPaq. It runs WM2003SE and I am wanting to upgrade form Pleco 1. Basically the 'automatic' install process appears successful, however I can't launch the application. Every time I click the pleco icon nothing happens. PlecoLaunch also does nothing, however PlecoConverter does run.

Any ideas? All the appropriate files appear to exist however even if I navigate directly to the Program Files directory and selection Pleco.exe it still won't run.

Cheers,
Rob.

Alexis

状元
Re: wm 2003 on iPaq - Pleco won't launch?

plecoUser said:
Every time I click the pleco icon nothing happens.
If you go over to the pleco 2 beta forum, there is a "startup" update which should address your problem.

plecoUser

秀才
Re: wm 2003 on iPaq - Pleco won't launch?

Alexis said:
plecoUser said:
Every time I click the pleco icon nothing happens.
If you go over to the pleco 2 beta forum, there is a "startup" update which should address your problem.

Thank you, Alexis. That solved the problem! :D

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
tormodnor - if your handheld is using Windows Mobile 2003 you might also want to take a look at the patch Alexis mentions - that fixes some issues with startup file detection. However the folder could also be in the wrong place - what's the exact path to that Pleco folder? (i.e., in File Explorer what directories would you open up to get to it)

ichiohta

I'm using Pleaco 2.0 with my AT&T Tilt (WM6), which I've enabled Japanese with Japanese fonts and IME (Input Method Editor). The problem here is that, whenever I try to type in pinyin into the text field to look up a word in dictionary, the IME gets automatically turned on. Thus I have to turn it off everytime I try to look up a word, which is irritating enough to ruin the user experience of this most splendid Chinese dictionary product for WM I've ever seen. It'd be really nice if you could make the software make sure that IME is turned off.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Have you installed the 2.0.1 beta yet? That should fix this, we've made a lot of changes to the way the software interacts with IMEs to prevent this sort of thing from happening (and enable input support with some which we didn't support at all before).

Alexis

状元
Alexis said:
"Re-ordering categories in manage categories causes the 'select categories' in new flashcard session to be out-of-sync" bug.... Unchecking the categories, then rechecking the subcategories in the new flashcard session screen fixed up this problem.

I ran across this again but it had nothing to do with category re-ordering as I last asserted.

I'll outline the sequence of events (hopefully not introducing any more red herrings!):

1) I created a new subcategory called tlcc_010
2) I added cards to that subcategory
3) I went to my "Stroke Order" profile, checked the new subcategory (in addtion to subcategories 'tlcc_001' to 'tlcc_009' which were already checked), and ran a flashcard session
4) I switched to my "Definition" profile, checked the new subcategory (in addtion to subcategories 'tlcc_001' to 'tlcc_009' which were already checked), and ran a flashcard session
5) I switched to my "Writing" profile and did NOT check the new subcategory (subcategories 'tlcc_001' to 'tlcc_009' were checked). I then ran a flashcard session. About 4 or 5 flashcards in, a card from subcategory tlcc_010 came up. Just to make sure it wasn't user error, I confirmed that 'tlcc_010' was not checked, then did a search for all cards in category 'tlcc_010' and saw the card there (the card was xing1 (star).

It is repeatable by running a flashcard session in my "writing" profile, would you like me to send over the files? If so, are the profiles included in the flashcards file, or would you need another file in addition to the flashcard file?

- Alexis

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
It would be great if you could send those files along, yes - the profiles are included in the database so that's all you need.

Henry

进士
problems with command bar access

T|X, PlecoDict 2.0.0

When in the Notes (记事本) program if I select a character (written with PenP) then pull up the Pleco icon and tap on it the Palm immediately does a soft restart. If I tap the pleco icon without selecting a character nothing happens. If I tap the pleco icon after selecting English it brings up the Pleco window with the definition. This is true whether or not the 'input field compatability mode' is selected.

If I pull up the pleco icon from the command bar while in the Datebook program English works fine, but doing it with a Chinese character selected just brings up the Pleco window without searching for the character.

I haven't tried in other programs.

Pleco Prefs: checked- 'instant access from command bar'
unchecked or checked- input field compatibility mode.
(I don't know which others may be relevant)

Regards, Henry

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Have you tried this with the 2.0.1 betas? There are a lot of other bug fixes in there and a couple of those might have also fixed this one. Also, are you sure the "External Text Encoding" is set correctly in the External panel of Preferences? On a Palm you'll most likely want to set it to GB instead of UTF-8.